When you’re planning a party, you have a long list of to-dos running through your head just about all the time. This is even more true when the party you’re planning is your own wedding. From flower arrangements to caterers, and dresses to table settings, there is a seemingly endless array of choices that you will have to make to ensure that your big day is everything you’ve dreamed it would be.
One of the biggest details you’ll have to hammer out early on in the planning process is the specific time that your wedding will take place. Some people prefer evening weddings that continue into the late hours of the night, while others plan a laid-back lunchtime reception. Still others find that morning weddings are the right choice for them, and there are plenty of reasons why booking an event venue in Lowell, IN for a morning wedding is an option worth considering:
- Cost savings: Since so many weddings take place later in the afternoon or during the evening, many vendors and venues offer pricing discounts for morning weddings. You can also enjoy additional cost savings because the menus for breakfasts and brunches tend to be much less expensive than dinner menus.
- Unique food options: Many dinner options at weddings are predictable, and potentially even tired. A waffle bar, on the other hand, is anything but! You can serve up elegant brunch options or lay out a buffet-style spread with sweet and savory breakfast staples. As a nice added touch, consider a coffee bar or even hire a barista in lieu of having a traditional bar.
- More schedule-friendly: Lots of people are unable to attend weddings due to scheduling conflicts. During the summer months, it’s not uncommon for someone to potentially multiple weddings to attend in a single weekend. By scheduling your wedding in the morning, it is more likely that your guests will be able to attend without any scheduling conflicts.
- No rush: Many venues have a specified time in the evening when you have to be out. With a morning wedding, you may not be as rushed, and you can simply enjoy your special day without any pressure.
- Great lighting: In the morning, the sun is at the perfect place in the sky to give off incredible natural lighting for photos at your event venue in Lowell, IN. In addition, the mild weather in the morning allows you to have an outdoor summer wedding without forcing your guests to endure excessive daytime heat.
In some cases, a morning wedding can come with some disadvantages. Some service providers and vendors may not offer service in the morning. In addition, you will likely have to get up early on the day of your event, which can be a challenge if you aren’t naturally an early riser. It’s important to think about the specifics of your situation to determine whether a morning wedding is the right choice for you.
Book an event venue in Lowell, IN
Plan your summer wedding at a gorgeous venue where you can truly enjoy the natural lighting and the mild weather. At Signature Banquets, we are here to make all of your dreams for your wedding become a reality. We are an event venue in Lowell, IN with considerable experience accommodating guests with beautiful event spaces and helpful services, including gourmet catering and in-house wedding planners, to create an unforgettable wedding experience. You can tour our facilities, find out more about our services and arrange a consultation by calling us or sending an email.
Trying to decide on a wedding date is never easy, with each season offering its own unique advantages. If you are looking to create something truly unique, have you ever considered having your wedding on Easter Day? Here are 10 reasons you should think about talking to your wedding planner in Lowell, IN about a beautiful Easter wedding:
- Not-so-traditional wedding dress: If you are looking to get away from the traditional white for your wedding dress, an Easter wedding is the perfect time to do it. Blue, lemon, mint or pink are all colorful, fashionable and trendy options that will fit in particularly well with the season.
- Creativity options: Colorful Easter eggs will make for great table adornment at the reception, and eggs painted with the couple’s name and wedding date on them would make fitting and memorable wedding favors as well.
- Keep the kids occupied: As special as the day will be for the lucky couple, keeping the children at a wedding occupied can be a challenging task. At an Easter wedding, you will find that it won’t be nearly as difficult keeping the young ones entertained with Easter-themed activities and crafts.
- Enjoy the spring weather: One of the best things about an Easter wedding is that it takes place during spring, which means that you will be able to enjoy fresh air, warm weather and longer daylight hours if you opt for an outdoor wedding.
- Next-level photography: With the agreeable weather and longer days, you will also have the pleasure of taking stunning wedding photos under the bright spring sun. Any photos you take as the sun sets will be equally as remarkable.
- Vibrant color options: Because there are so many colors that are popular during the Easter holiday season, the color scheme options for your wedding will be endless.
- Wedding cake: Since there are so many different Easter themes you can play around with, no matter what choices you make for your Easter-themed wedding cake, it will surely open up your options unlike any other time of year.
- Springtime flowers: Although you can get fresh flowers year-round, there is nothing quite like the beauty that is a bouquet or floral arrangement that is prepared with burgeoning, fresh spring flowers.
- Fresh food: With many fruits and vegetables being in season during the spring, locating and sourcing food will be a cost-effective endeavor, which will certainly help with your overall wedding budget.
- Long weekend: As an added bonus, the Easter holiday is often treated as an extended weekend each year, giving everyone extra time off of work to recover from the festivities. That means there is no reason why the party and celebration can’t last all night long.
The team at Signature Banquets has over 30 years of experience helping happy couples and families create lasting memories, and if you have been thinking about an Easter wedding, we’d love to help! Our wedding planners in Lowell, IN are dedicated to making sure that you have what you need your special day, so give us a call today to learn about the many services we can offer you!
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, and you will hold the memories from this special day for decades to come. For almost as long as people have been getting married, they have used art mediums to commemorate the occasion. From Renaissance portraits that commemorated the union of high-profile couples to the digital photography that we have today, weddings have always been considered a special occasion that should be immortalized.
In recent decades, people have had the opportunity to keep even more detailed documentation of their weddings with videography. Wedding videos can be as simple as having a relative hold up a smartphone during the reception, but many couples opt to hire a professional for a wedding video with higher production value. If you plan on going this route, it’s important that you know what to look for in your wedding videographer:
- Ask for references: Hiring a videographer is about more than just the finished product. You want to be sure that whomever you hire is going to provide you with a great experience, from initial pricing to filming on the day of the event. The best way to determine the quality of the experience that you can expect is by asking for references, looking for online reviews and asking family and friends about their hiring experience. In fact, a wedding planner in Lowell, IN may even be able to recommend a videographer they’ve worked with in the past.
- Establish an agreement: Make sure that you have a written agreement with your videographer that establishes the amount you will pay, when you will receive a copy of the finished videos from your wedding and how long you can expect them to be filming on the day of the event.
- Take a look at previous work: Just because a videographer is talented and capable of taking high-quality footage of your wedding doesn’t mean that they are necessarily the right choice for you. By looking at their work before you hire them, you will be able to determine whether their specific style matches what you’re looking for.
- Get all of your questions answered: You should sit down with a potential videographer long before your wedding so that you can ask any questions you might have and clearly communicate your specific requests to them. It’s also a good idea to ask about how they will interact with guests at your wedding. You don’t want to hire a videographer who is going to be getting in the way of your guests just for the sake of getting a good shot.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed about planning your big day, hiring a wedding planner in Lowell, IN can take much of the stress off of your shoulders. At Signature Banquets, we are happy to provide you with everything from gorgeous event spaces to in-house wedding planning services. We are proud to deliver outstanding service that ensures that every last detail of your big event goes off without a hitch. Call or email us to speak to one of our professional team members about our services and amenities, and to schedule a free consultation.
As you know, there is no time limit on how long you can be engaged. Whether you’re engaged for six months or six years, your wedding day is when you and your future spouse are both ready to say your vows. The thing to remember is that you do need a considerable amount of time to pull off a memorable wedding day. Planning a wedding is not as simple as some people may think. Should you hire a wedding planner? How long is the guest list going to be? When do you need to reserve a wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN? Once you start, the list of important tasks seems to grow and never end—that is why organization is key.
So, just exactly how long should you take to plan your wedding? Read on for some advice and a wedding checklist!
Time it takes to plan a wedding
The average couple spends between 10 and 14 months planning their wedding day. There are many steps in the planning process, starting with touring multiple wedding venues in the area where you want to get married, all the way to giving gifts to your bridal party and parents. Keep a wedding notebook to stay sane and on top of planning—and keep the following checklist in mind:
- At this stage you should be celebrating your engagement, researching wedding vendors, setting a budget and choosing a wedding venue. After announcing your engagement, have an engagement party with the people closest to you. After celebrating, plan to sit down with everyone who will be involved in the financial aspect of your wedding. This is the time to set the budget for your wedding so you can begin making a list of your top wedding priorities. Now, think of whom you want to invite. Creating a guest list early on means you can start collecting mailing addresses to send out save-the-date cards and wedding invitations.
- You’re excited, so you’ll likely want to begin doing some wedding research right away! If you want help planning everything, your first search should be for a professional wedding planner. This individual can save you time and energy throughout the entire planning process, right up until the last minute of your wedding day.
- Next, make appointments to meet with wedding vendors. Write out a list of vendors, starting with the wedding products or services that are of highest priority to you and your future spouse—for example, the wedding venue, photographer and wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN. Also research and schedule meetings with bakers, florists, videographers, caterers and entertainment companies.
- Gather your bridal party and groomsmen together! Ladies, get the girls together and start looking for the perfect dress. Guys, get started on the bachelor party!
These are just some of the things that take priority in the first couple months of the wedding planning process—and plenty more is to come! If you want a professional wedding planner, a wedding venue or a wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN, look no further than the wedding event experts at Signature Banquets. Call us today!
If you’re engaged and already in the planning stages of your wedding, you might be wondering whether you really need to set up a wedding registry. Without a doubt, a professional wedding planner in Lowell, IN will strongly recommend that an engaged couple set up at least one wedding registry. Here are some of the reasons why.
You will receive gifts anyway
Deciding to not create a wedding registry will not stop your loved ones from buying you and your significant other a wedding gift. All it will do, in most cases, is force your guests to guess what you might like as a wedding present. Not registering can also put your family and friends at a loss when they want to get gifts for your engagement party or bridal shower. Ultimately, in the absence of a wedding registry, some guests will simply give you money, while others are likely to buy whatever they think is nice and thoughtful.
You will receive things you don’t want
If you are not registered anywhere, chances are you will receive things you do not want—because, again, not creating a wedding registry will not stop your guests from bringing or sending you a gift. You could also end up with items you do not have space for. In the end, your choices are to keep the gifts, re-gift or donate them or return unwanted gifts to exchange them for something else. The problem with that last option is that most guests won’t provide a gift receipt, and you probably can’t return it without one if you didn’t register where the purchase was made.
Registries aren’t just for household items
Traditionally, engaged couples use wedding registries to sign up for new household items like dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, small appliances and linens. However, wedding registries these days can include just about anything you can think of—you can even receive cash or honeymoon funds. Add what you want or need to your registry so your guests can have an easy time shopping for your gift!
You should be thinking about the future
Just because you don’t need an item right now doesn’t mean you should omit it from your wedding registry. Take some time to think about what the future may hold for you two as a couple. Think you might want to start entertaining guests at your home? Planning to host family for the holidays? Setting up a wedding registry doesn’t mean you’ll have to immediately use all the items on your list. Go ahead, add that beautiful set of china or crystal wine glasses that you like so you won’t have to purchase them with your own money a few years down the line.
Take the opportunity to upgrade
This is the perfect opportunity to upgrade your old household items. You can also use your wedding registry to pick out items that you like as a new couple starting your lives together.
Are you ready to start planning your big day? Contact Signature Banquets to speak with an experienced wedding planner in Lowell, IN today!
If you’ve just gotten engaged, congratulations! There’s nothing more romantic, courageous and honorable than tying your life to the person you love.
Don’t let it stress you out, but you got a lot of decisions to make soon, as essentially the moment you announce you are engaged your friends and family are going to begin asking you about your wedding date and venue.
As a wedding planner in Lowell, IN, we’ve put together this little primer in hopes that we can help newly engaged couples think over the decisions they will need to make over the upcoming months to plan their wedding:
- Set a timetable first, then work out the exact date later: People are going to begin asking you about your wedding date right away. Even if you don’t know the exact date, being able to say something like, “We were thinking sometime next summer,” can be a big help at keeping people at bay as you do the hard work of planning. This lets your guests start making preliminary plans themselves.
- Pick a location: Your location is going to have a lot to do with who shows up and the overall style of your wedding. Do you want to have a local wedding in your hometown, or do you want a destination wedding? Just keep in mind that the easier it is to get to the location, the more people will feasibly be able to attend your wedding.
- Set your budget: It is traditional for parents to contribute to the cost of a wedding; however, you will need to have a clear and frank conversation with them before you start planning the wedding about what that budget will actually look like. Waiting until after you’ve begun planning to discuss your budget is a great way to unnecessarily hurt people’s feelings.
- Guest list: Your guest list is going to affect your budget, just as your budget is going to affect your potential guest list. Having a guest list is extremely important, as most wedding vendors charge based on headcount. This is also a good time to decide on your wedding party.
- Hire a wedding planner: Most people cannot plan a wedding on their own. If you don’t have family or friends that can help, consider hiring a wedding planner in Lowell, IN to shoulder some of the responsibility.
- Shop wedding venues: Once you’ve got your guest list, your budget and your date, you have everything you need to begin shopping for and booking your wedding venue. Some wedding venues come with certain services or with discounts for vendors, so make sure you ask about this.
- Vendors: You’ll need to find a band or a DJ, caterers for the food, someone to make the cake, someone to provide the flowers, a bartender, a photographer and more.
- Shop for the dress: This should be done with your family and your wedding party, and it should be fun! Take a limo and drink champagne.
- Keep your eyes on the prize: Planning a wedding can be a long and sometimes stressful process. Focus on your love for your partner. If you can remember to do that, everything else will work out.
Signature Banquets is the premier wedding planner in Lowell, IN. Our beautiful wedding venue is located here in town, and is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful wedding venues in the state. If you’re looking for a wedding venue, or could use a little help planning your wedding, please give us a call today!
Done right, a New Year’s Eve wedding can be one of the most fun and memorable ways to celebrate both your nuptials and the beginning of a new year, and all the hopefulness both entail.
If you’re planning your wedding for December 31 and are looking for a way to incorporate celebration of the new year into your wedding, we’ve got five ideas we’ve picked up from our years of experience as a wedding planner in Lowell, IN that we know will help make your New Year’s wedding and reception one nobody will ever forget.
New Year’s Eve props
The reception photo booth has been a trend at weddings for years now. One great idea for incorporating celebration of New Year’s into the celebration of your wedding is to include traditional New Year’s props—crowns and tiaras, glittery hats, glasses with the new year on them, boas and confetti poppers can help people have a little bit of fun with their photos, incorporating the festivities of the new year.
Wedding planners generally suggest you remove clocks from your reception area, as you don’t want people thinking about the time at your wedding or your reception. You don’t want to encourage anyone to leave early, and you don’t want people thinking about the time, because you don’t want anyone to be that bored! But you can make an exception at a New Year’s Eve wedding, where a countdown can be a nice addition. The clock doesn’t take center stage until the midnight hour approaches, so you won’t be at risk of losing anyone’s attention.
Champagne at midnight
Perhaps the best way to celebrate the new year is with champagne, champagne, champagne. We suggest that at the moment of the ball dropping, you and your guests share a little toast to you, the couple, and to the new year and all the hope it holds.
Drop confetti and balloons at midnight
If you want to make that midnight hour perfect, then add to your toast by dropping confetti and balloons from the rafters at the moment of the new year.
Just picture it. You and everyone you love. The confetti falls on their heads as they raise their glasses to you, all singing “Auld Lang Syne” and finding that special someone to share the first kiss of the year with. It’s hard to imagine a more hopeful or romantic way to end the night.
You want everything to sparkle, so include good crystal and chandeliers. Add a little glitz, a little gold and glitter wherever you can. You should also consider live streaming the ball drop, but just the last few minutes. As any wedding planner will tell you, this day should still be about your marriage.
Signature Banquets is a family owned and operated business with over 30 years of experience as a wedding planner in Lowell, IN. If you’re looking to make your wedding an event you and your loved ones will never forget, please give us a call today to schedule your consultation.
So, you said “yes” and are planning a wedding—congratulations! One of the first things couples do when they decide to tie the knot is choose a venue and a date, but after that, they plan their engagement party to celebrate their big news with their friends and family. Unsurprisingly, Valentine’s Day is a popular day to host an engagement party; love is in the air and many people are in the mood to soak it all up!
If you’re hosting your engagement party on Valentine’s Day, try out these five ideas to fill your event with joy and love and remember the day for years to come.
Create a photo collage
Whether your partner and you have been together for years and years or only a few months, you’re sure to have some photos together that you adore. Put them on display!
Create a decorative display for your photos and let your guests (and you!) enjoy the journey of you and your fiance’s love for each other throughout your relationship. The trip back down memory lane will get the gushy feelings going.
Red, pink and white colors
If you’re planning your engagement party on Valentine’s Day, we have a sneaking suspicion that you enjoy the holiday, so embrace it as much as possible! Opt for a traditional red, pink and white Valentine’s Day color scheme for your food and decorations. Shower your banquet hall in Lowell, IN with colorful signs, flowers and table decorations.
Plus, this will make it even easier to find adorable decor and small gifts to give your guests as a thank you for sharing the day with you. With Valentine’s Day stuff in stores, you’ll have your pick of the cutest options!
Heart-shaped foods and sweets
Again, take the Valentine’s Day theme in stride with heart shapes. One of the cutest ways to show hearts at your engagement party is through food, like finger sandwiches, and sweets, like brownies, cake or cookies.
These heart-shaped foods might almost be too cute to eat, especially if they’re decorated with your and your partner’s initials, names or the date of your engagement or wedding! Ask around to banquet halls in Lowell, IN if they provide catering services. If they do, see what options they have available to truly personalize your food choices to match the theme.
Create a decorated engagement banner
A decorative engagement banner is the ultimate display of you and your partner’s names, your wedding date and any other information you’d love to draw attention to at your engagement party.
You can make this banner your own with color, hearts, shapes and designs you love. You’ll want to hold on to this decoration for a while after you get married, so make it something you absolutely adore and match it to your theme!
Incorporate costumes or headpieces
If you’re feeling silly, you can supply your guests with silly costumes or headpieces to wear during the party. Around Valentine’s Day, costume pieces for Cupid, heart-shaped glasses and headwear and other adorable wearable items will be available.
Giving your guests the option to get into the Valentine’s Day mood while celebrating can be a lot of fun. Plus, it will make for even cuter photos, especially if you have a photo booth set up!
Engagement parties are almost like weddings; you want everything to be perfect and for your friends and family to have a great time. If you’re throwing a Valentine’s Day engagement party and need to rent a banquet hall in Lowell, IN, contact Signature Banquets. We are a first-class banquet facility with a 9,000 square foot space perfect for your intimate or large event. Our in-house catering services and excellent customer service make party planning a breeze, so call today to make a reservation!
The holiday season is fast approaching, and if your company hasn’t already, now is the time to be making arrangements for your company holiday party. As the years pass, we are seeing fewer companies host holiday parties for their employees for a variety of reasons: the holidays are busy, parties are expensive, you aren’t sure if employees will attend and many others.
However, company holiday parties can be a great way to give back to your employees, show your appreciation for their hard work and allow them some time to socialize and have fun with one another as your work year comes to a close. If you’re on the fence about hosting a company holiday party, here are a few reasons why you should!
- They’re fun: Simply put, the main reason why companies should host a holiday party is because they’re a lot of fun! Employees almost always enjoy getting dressed up and having a good time on the dance floor or sharing a meal with colleagues outside of a work environment. The party is all what you make of it, so if you put on a great time, they’re more likely to have one!
- Boost morale: Parties are also a great way to boost company morale as you head into the new year. Remind your employees why they love working for your company and how much fun your company culture can be by giving them the opportunity to have fun and enjoy the holiday season.
- Socializing: Holiday parties help colleagues who don’t know each other very well to talk and get to know one another better. Many employees only interact with the people in their department on a day-to-day basis, so a holiday party can help connect your employees in a more social environment. This can not only lead to lasting friendships for your employees, but also a better, more connected work environment.
- Give back: One of the best ways to show your appreciation for your employees is to give them a gift, and what better gift than a fun night with work friends, food and maybe even prizes? Throwing a holiday party for your company can help show that you appreciate all of the employees’ hard work and dedication to your mission.
Are you convinced? Good! Now it’s time to plan your party to make it the best one around!
First, you’ll want to pick a date. Sending a company-wide survey and choosing the most popular date option gives you the best chance of having as many attendees as possible. This also helps you get a rough head count for budgeting purposes. Once you choose a date, remember to communicate it and all future party plans to your company!
Next, you’ll want to set a budget, choose a party venue in Lowell, IN and decide what type of party you’d like to throw. Do you want it to be black tie, semi-formal, casual or themed?
Next, choose decorations, food and drinks that are appropriate for your type of party. You can match these to your company culture, too—a more sophisticated company might hold a black tie event with sleek decorations, while a more laid back company might host a silly theme party!
Finally, decide if you’ll offer any extras like raffles, speeches, prizes or awards and get those in order with plenty of time to spare before your party. Double check with your party venue in Lowell, IN to make sure everything is ready to go for your event.
If you need the perfect party venue in Lowell, IN for your holiday party, contact Signature Banquets. We are a first-class facility with a 9,000 square foot banquet hall perfect for your next company event. Our in-house catering services and excellent customer service make party planning a breeze, so call today to make a reservation!
Hiring a wedding planner to assist you with the planning of your special day is a great decision. Wedding planners can give you great advice, provide you with tools to budget and plan properly, connect you with great local vendors and make everything wedding-related go much more smoothly overall.
But your wedding planner in Lowell, IN is not a superhero; they can’t and won’t do everything that’s related to your wedding. You and your spouse will still need to be at the forefront of planning your wedding, but you’ll have your wedding planner’s advice to guide you. When you hire a wedding planner or have the option to use one that is provided by your wedding venue, here is what you can expect from them.
The initial meeting
To start, you’ll want to sit down with your wedding planner and discuss your budget, ideas for the wedding, your style and anything else that is pertinent to your wedding day. This will give your wedding planner the chance to get to know you and your tastes, and you’ll become more familiar and comfortable working with them.
This is also the point where you can discuss what types of services your wedding planner will offer during the planning process. Not all wedding planners offer the same exact services, so it’s important to discuss these things ahead of time and make sure everything is clear from the get-go.
Timelines and checklists
Your wedding planner in Lowell, IN will likely help you create a timeline that involves all of the things that need to happen between now and your wedding day. They can give you expert advice on when the best time is to have vendor contracts finalized, when to send save-the-dates and invitations and more. They can also help you create a wedding-day timeline and checklist to make sure everything goes smoothly when the big day arrives.
Your wedding planner can help you stay within your budget and make sure to recommend vendors and wedding options that will save you money while still giving you the wedding day of your dreams. They can be as involved as you’d like them to be, meaning they might just provide you with a template so you can track your budget on your own, or they might create a comprehensive budget plan for you that goes into detail about where all of your money is going.
The services your wedding planner provides on the day of your wedding will vary, but often, the wedding planner will be at your event to take care of the details so you can get ready and enjoy your day in peace. This might mean handling setup and takedown, telling vendors where to go and helping them set up and making sure that the bridal party and all important people are ready when the ceremony is starting.
Work with an in-house wedding planner in Lowell, IN
Signature Banquets provides an expert in-house wedding planner when you choose us for your wedding venue! We specialize in hosting and planning special events and weddings in our first-class banquet facility. Take full advantage of our 9,000 square-foot banquet hall and outdoor patio areas for your event, as well as our in-house catering staff and event planners! Call us today to set up your free consultation.