The winter holidays are one of the busiest times of the year. Families and businesses love to take time at the end of the year to review, commemorate and wrap up the past 12 months. It’s also a popular time for weddings, since many people will be able to take time off work in December.
With over 30 years in the event planning business, Signature Banquets has seen some fun and unusual themes. This year, why not spice up your holiday party with a fun theme? We’ve got suggestions for some of our favorites—read on, and then pick up the phone to start working with our event venue in Lowell, IN!
- Party for a cause: Parties that encourage guests to give back are not only great for the charities they benefit, but they make people feel good about being there. You could ask that guests bring an unwrapped gift for children or hold an auction to benefit the charity. Themes like “Santa’s Workshop” and “Christmas Carol Karaoke” can make the party even more memorable.
- A storybook Christmas: Guests can bring books to donate or swap, or donate funds to schools, libraries or literacy-focused charities, while you can decorate the room to look like something straight out of Polar Express or The Velveteen Rabbit. Décor made from book pages, interspersed with evergreen sprigs, berries and pinecones, will make your literary party a visual success, while cozy comfort food will evoke memories of holidays past.
- Casino night: Casino nights are always popular because they give the guests a built-in activity, which makes socializing easier. It’s also a fun way to encourage people to dress up and play the part of a high roller for the night. Keep the champagne flowing and consider having prizes to trade for chips.
- Masquerade: For an elegant black-tie affair, consider a masquerade. You can ask guests to bring their own, but be sure to have a variety on hand for those who show up without one. Designate a specific time for an “unmasking” to allow your guests to reveal their identities.
- A Great Gatsby party: Everyone loves dressing up in 1920s outfits—the long beaded fringe, boas, elbow-length gloves, fedoras and champagne coupes are downright decadent. Even if you know how the story ends, it’s hard to resist an excuse to wear something fabulous to see the year off in style. Your guests can Charleston away on the dance floor and enjoy vintage 1920s cuisine.Not seeing the perfect theme for your next holiday banquet? If you need help, contact the team at Signature Banquets, your local event planner in Lowell, IN. We can assist you in achieving the cozy holiday party of your dreams. We are a family owned and operated event venue with 30 years of combined experience in the industry, and we specialize in hosting and planning all sorts of special events, from weddings, bridal showers and baby showers to corporate events and more. Call us today to get started planning your unique event.