It’s difficult to believe, but another year is almost gone, which means it’s time for you to be thinking about your New Year’s Eve plans! While some people enjoy a comfortable night in on the couch with their loved ones, others love to do it big, with a party that brings in all their friends for an evening of food, drink, dancing, and merriment.
Are you considering throwing a New Year’s Eve party this year, but haven’t sat down to fully plan it out yet? If so, here are some tips from Signature Banquets to help you in that process:
- Choose a theme: While you don’t necessarily have to have a theme for your New Year’s party, there are a lot of people who find it adds some extra fun to the event. Some of the most popular examples we see at our halls include formal “black tie” themes, “Roaring Twenties” parties, glitter parties, masquerade balls, “Casino Royale” themes and Hollywood themes. Anything that gives people an excuse to get out and dress their finest while having fun with friends is a great idea for a party!
- Make a guest list: You need to know how many people you plan to invite so you can determine the proper size for a potential venue. You can be as inclusive or exclusive as you want with this list—just make sure you have a good sense of numbers before you begin approaching any venues.
- Browse venues: After you’ve got a good sense of the guest list, you can go out and take a look at different venues. You should do this as early as possible, because many of the best venues fill up quickly once the holiday season hits, and even long before that. But you’ll find there is no shortage! Look at event spaces and banquet halls in Northwest Indiana, as well as other nontraditional spaces that could host your gathering.
- Send invitations out at least three weeks before the party: The earlier you send the invitations, the better because this allows guests to RSVP—and it helps you get to them before they get other New Year’s Eve invites. Make sure to include the venue location, dress code/costume requirements and anything else they might need to know on the invitation. Include your contact information as well so they can ask any questions they might have if they arise.
- Commit to the theme: Go all out with the theme with your invitations, decorations and anything else that can help make your party unique. Pinterest is an excellent source of ideas for this, but if you’re working with a party planning company or an event venue, they might also have some ideas, and maybe even some specific decorations you might be able to use.
- Plan activities: Music and dancing are two must-have activities, in addition to the drinks and food, you’ll have. But there are other types of activities that can add to the fun, including games, guestbooks, resolution walls or books and more.
For more tips about planning your New Year’s party, contact Signature Banquets today.