Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, and you want it to be perfect, but there are often challenges that you will encounter during the planning process. One of the most difficult decisions you have to make during the wedding planning process is where you will have your wedding. There are a variety of wedding venues in Lowell, IN, but not every venue will be able to live up to your expectations, no matter how they might look on paper.
Questions to ask before booking
It’s important to take plenty of time to screen potential wedding venues before you make a decision about which one you will choose for your event. After you conduct a few initial searches, you can compile a list of several different venues and schedule consultations. During a consultation, you can ask a representative from that venue some specific questions to determine whether their venue is right for you:
- What are the fees? One of the most important things to consider when you’re choosing an event venue is how much it’s going to cost. Make sure you have a thorough understanding of all of the fees associated with renting the venue and whether these fees are subject to change under special circumstances. You should also find out whether there are discounted fees if you book during less popular times of the year or on weekdays.
- How many guests can you accommodate? Every event venue has a specific capacity cap that you can’t exceed during an event. Find out about the maximum capacity of the space so that you can decide whether there will be sufficient room for all of your guests. For the most comfortable and enjoyable experience, it’s best to avoid event venues that have just enough capacity for your guests. Instead, choose a venue that gives you a little more wiggle room to work with.
- What facilities will we have access to? There are many event venues with a lot of space and facilities, but some venues limit your use of these extra spaces. Make sure that you understand exactly how much space and which facilities you will have access to during your event.
- Are you licensed and insured? Because of liability concerns, it’s important that you work with an event venue that is fully licensed and insured to host gatherings. You can ask for proof of licensure and insurance to be certain that the event venue you are considering is fully qualified to offer the services you need. You should never do business with wedding venues in Lowell, IN if they can’t prove that they are licensed and insured.
Check out our wedding venues in Lowell, IN
At Signature Banquets, we know how important it is for you to find a wedding venue that you love, and we are dedicated to providing you with a space that meets all of your expectations. As a family owned and operated business, we are committed to offering quality venue space and event services, as well as professional support from our experienced event planners. You can learn more about all of the services that we offer and check out our facilities by browsing our website or giving us a call to schedule a consultation today.
While summer weddings are popular with some brides and grooms, many couples seek that magical wedding during the cooler months between October and March. Cold weather weddings can make for a beautiful, cozy and romantic setting. With some careful considerations, you can plan an absolutely amazing experience for you, your beloved and your guests, no matter how cold the temperatures fall outside. Your wedding venue in Lowell, IN offers this quick guide for your successful cold weather dream wedding.
Something to consider for you and your guests is to select a single venue for both the wedding and the reception. Not only will this cut down on transportation time, but it will also keep you and your guests from having to go outside during the cold, unpredictable weather. Another consideration should be to keep both the ceremony and the reception indoors. This way, Mother Nature cannot wreak havoc on your wedding plans. A beautifully appointed banquet hall can serve as a perfect venue for both your wedding vows and the elegant reception to follow.
The Right Look
When shopping for a cold weather wedding, there are some things to keep in mind. If you do plan to hold your ceremony outdoors or are traveling outdoors between the ceremony and reception, you will want you and your party to be comfortably warm and stylish.
Consider long dresses for the bride and bridesmaids. Perhaps even long sleeves would be appropriate. These dresses can look exceptionally elegant and will keep everyone warm. A handy tip from wedding experts is to sneak a pair of warm leggings beneath a long dress. No one will notice!
The gentlemen, meanwhile, can wear wool suits that will keep them warm while looking incredibly handsome. Perhaps formal coats can be purchased or rented for outdoor photos and to don when making the grand exit. Stylish scarves and wraps can be added to complete the ensemble. Your wedding party can look positively glamorous in cold weather.
Comfort for Your Guests
Keeping your guests warm should be a high priority. As your guests arrive inside from the cold, there are several simple things you can offer to make them smile. Have warm drinks available upon their arrival. Mugs of hot apple cider or hot chocolate will be very welcome after coming in from the cold. A coat check is a classy way to keep your tables and chairs looking gorgeous and uncluttered.
Once your guests have shed their coats and have a warm beverage in hand, they will be delighted to be presented with warm snacks. Perhaps you could have a s’mores station. There could be tomato soup shooters or mini grilled cheese sandwiches. And as a table gift, each guest may find a small bottle of hand moisturizer to combat the dry skin that’s so common in winter.
Choosing the Right Wedding Venue in Lowell, IN
If you are considering a cold weather wedding, look no further than Signature Banquets. We are among the premier wedding venues in Lowell, IN. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, we have the expertise to handle your big event. Give us a call today to see how we can make your cold weather wedding day truly memorable!
There’s a lot you need to do as a couple as you prepare for your wedding. Finding the perfect wedding venue is one thing every engaged couple has on their wedding to-do list. However, it’s important to keep in mind that there’s more to a venue than just aesthetics. Naturally, you’re super excited about your upcoming special event, but don’t rush into signing any contracts until you are well informed of all the details.
Below is a list of good questions to ask wedding venues in Lowell, IN before you book. Grab a pen and paper and get ready to jot down some notes!
Prices and available dates
First things first, you need to ask yourself if the date you want for your wedding is flexible or not. Knowing this going into a venue tour and consultation can save time and stress. You can also visit wedding venues before choosing a date, which is a good idea if you have a specific venue in mind. If this is the case, you’re more likely to get more date options:
- Is the date available? It might not be. Is there a wait list? What surrounding dates are open? Venues often have different rates for different seasons, days of the week and times of day. Also, find out how far in advance you can reserve a date.
- How many hours are you paying for? How early can the setup crew, food, drinks and wedding party arrive, and how long after the wedding celebration can people stay?
- How many events does the venue host in one day? Some larger event venues host several different events on their property at the same time. This could mean hearing or even seeing other celebrations nearby or having to clear out quickly so another wedding can start.
Whether you’re on a strict budget or not, find out all the payment details. Doing so gives you the opportunity to assess the costs and ensure it will work for you:
- First, how much is the deposit? When do you pay the rest? Many venues require a deposit upon signing and confirming a date, and then you’ll pay in installments from the day you sign until your wedding date. What is their cancellation policy, and what happens if you need to make changes to your reservation?
- Is everything included in the total—service charges, cleaning fees, gratuity, etc.? Ask the planner to walk you through this.
There are many good questions to ask about venue specifics before signing a contract. For this reason, you should have a general idea of the number of guests and any equipment you’d like:
- What’s the venue’s capacity? Be sure there’s plenty of room for your wedding party, guests, vendors and extras, like a dance floor, bar setup, photo booth and entertainment equipment.
- Does the venue offer amenities like wedding planners, a decorating team, food, bands and a sound system? If not, you’ll have to hire or rent your own.
We hope you add Signature Banquets to your list of possible wedding venues in Lowell, IN. Call us today for a free consultation and tour!
Wedding venues in Lowell, IN that have been in the business for some time wholeheartedly understand your desire to plan a memorable wedding. Everything from the location of the ceremony to the food menu must be what you want. But what about your wedding favors? You don’t have to match your wedding season with your favors, but it’s a unique way to say “thank you” to your guests. Is your wedding planned for sometime between late September and mid December? Have some fun incorporating an autumnal touch with your favors!
Once you’ve chosen the perfect location out of your list of wedding venues in Lowell, IN, it’s time to focus on the other details of your wedding, like the favors. Here are some of the most unique, charming and unforgettable fall-inspired wedding favors your guests will love:
- Jam: If you’re a DIY person and know how to make jam, why not can your favorite seasonal jam and give it to your guests? Package it in pretty, reusable jars and wrap with rustic paper ribbons or jute twine.
- Caramel apples: Nothing suggests that it’s the fall season quite like caramel and apples on a stick (okay, everything pumpkin spice and cinnamon does, too). The thing about caramel apples is that you probably wouldn’t even give this possible wedding favor a second thought any other time of the year. Order them in individual packaging sealed with a gold, orange or burgundy ribbon—try matching the ribbon color with your wedding colors—and invite your guests to take one when they leave.
- Caramel popcorn: Looking for a wedding favor that’ll be a guaranteed hit? Send your guest home with a jar or bag of sweet aromatic caramel popcorn. Dress the packaging in decorative fall ribbons and fabrics.
- Custom cookbooks: Here’s a cute idea! Collect a few favorite family recipes from both your and your spouse’s families and have them printed into custom cookbooks for your guests to take home. Cookbooks can include recipes for year-round use, or be filled with nostalgic fall recipes to fit the season of your wedding.
- Scarves or wraps: Whether or not you remembered to suggest that your guests bring a sweater or jacket to your outdoor fall wedding ceremony, your wedding favors can be adorable scarves, wraps or throw blankets. Have them handed out at the ceremony or drape them over the chairs at the reception.
- Matchbooks: Yes, matches are still a thing, and they are perfect to have on hand during the chillier fall months. For your wedding favors, hand out matchbooks with personalized labels (such as the newlyweds’ initials)
- Fall scented candles: Most everyone loves candles. For your wedding favors, select one or more popular fall scents in jars with lids—think apple cinnamon, toasted marshmallow, pumpkin spice, salted caramel and morning rain. Place some of your wedding favor candles on the tables at the reception and light them to offer a preview of what your guests get to take home.
Planning a fall wedding? Signature Banquets is one of the area’s premier wedding venues in Lowell, IN. Call us today!
Weddings are special and lovely events that should be a joy to plan. If preparing for your big day is causing you stress, you should reevaluate the way in which you are approaching your nuptial ceremonies.
Wedding venues in Lowell, IN may offer special incentives to couples who choose to have their big day fall between Monday and Friday. Additionally, you may have much better luck choosing the time and location of your choice if you opt for a weekday wedding.
If you are flexible as to when your wedding occurs, here are just some of the reasons that you should consider a weekday date:
- Cheaper travel: It will be much more cost-effective for guests to attend your wedding on a weekday. You can help your friends and family members avoid the weekend’s premium prices by planning to tie the knot between Monday and Friday. Additionally, it will be much cheaper to leave for your honeymoon!
- More availability: Wedding venues in Lowell, IN book up quickly! You can ensure that you are able to secure the spot of your dreams by planning for a weekday wedding. Additionally, because venues may have only one or two weddings on a weekday, they may be able to better accommodate any special requests that you might have.
- More affordable services: Services such as catering, dress rentals and more may be more affordable during the week. In addition, it is almost certain that you will pay less to secure wedding venues in Lowell, IN between Monday and Friday than you would on the weekend.
- Keep on celebrating: Just because you get married on a Monday doesn’t mean that you can’t party! A weekday wedding could be a great excuse to have yet another celebration in the days following your event. You could have a more casual get-together with your extended friend network on the weekend.
- Accommodate special dates: Do you want to share an anniversary with your grandparents, or do you want to get married on the day that you began dating? Weekday weddings can be an excellent way to mark any significant dates that you may want to continue celebrating.
- More intimate services: For many weekend wedding goers, nuptial ceremonies can be stressful affairs. You can hold more intimate, personalized services for just your and your spouse’s loved ones by hosting a weekday wedding. A weekend after-party can be a great way to include any friends and co-workers who were unable to make it to the ceremony.
Weekday weddings are great options for couples hoping to save on their expenses or honor a significant date. You and your future spouse can have a much more enjoyable time planning your big day by hosting it during the week.
Signature Banquets offers one of the premier wedding venues in Lowell, IN. Our awe-inspiring space is the perfect place the celebrate the love between you and your special someone. If you are wondering how you can make your big day truly shine, contact one of our knowledgeable and helpful associates today!