While an outdoor wedding ceremony on a perfectly sunny day can be beautiful and a bride’s dream, an indoor ceremony should not be ruled out. An indoor ceremony definitely has its advantages beyond protection against inclement weather. Below, a premier event venue in Lowell, IN will explore everything you need to know about an indoor ceremony.
An inside wedding ceremony definitely has its advantages. While some use an inside ceremony as a contingency plan for poor weather, there are many couples who prefer to make an indoor wedding ceremony their first choice. They are making the comfort of their guests and control of the look of their ceremony a priority.
Even in the best of weather, outdoor events always invite the unexpected. Wind blows off hats and messes up carefully arranged decorations. Unwanted critters and insects join the ceremony, making guests uncomfortable. The sun makes the guests too warm as they wait for the bride to make her appearance, or cloud cover and cool breezes chill guests to the bone as they struggle to hear the vows through a portable speaker system.
During an indoor ceremony, the event planner has much more control over the look, feel and sound of the whole event. A well-equipped sound system projects the couple’s vows and the officiant’s sage words at just the right volume. Decorations stay fastened in place, and the guests remain comfortable. While the unexpected may still happen during an indoor ceremony, it typically won’t come from Mother Nature!
Creating the Look
An indoor ceremony is all about creating whatever look you desire. Your imagination can run wild. An elegant wedding filled with white flowers and red roses may be your cup of tea. Perhaps your crew would prefer a Star Wars theme wedding with Admiral Ackbar officiating against a backdrop depicting the Death Star. The sky (or your imagination) is the only limit with an indoor ceremony.
What Kind of Venue is Right for Me?
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when selecting an event venue in Lowell, IN for your indoor ceremony. When searching for an event venue, you are looking for a blank canvas on which you can project your desired look. An open-space floor plan is a must. You do not want posts, pillars or any other visual obstructions to block your guests’ view of the ceremony. You are also looking for a venue that has versatile lighting. Can the lighting be adjusted to different settings to achieve the look that you are going for?
Sound is another major consideration. How are the acoustics? Does the venue have a high quality sound system, or will you need to rent one separately? Check out the restrooms. Are they clean and large enough to accommodate your party? Finally, examine the parking situation. Is there going to be ample parking for all of your guests?
Choosing an Event Venue in Lowell, IN
If you are considering an indoor ceremony, we hope you’ll consider Signature Banquets for your event venue in Lowell, IN. Our staff has over 30 years of experience in the industry to provide you with the expertise to handle your special day. Give us a call today to begin planning your indoor ceremony.
When you’re planning a party, you have a long list of to-dos running through your head just about all the time. This is even more true when the party you’re planning is your own wedding. From flower arrangements to caterers, and dresses to table settings, there is a seemingly endless array of choices that you will have to make to ensure that your big day is everything you’ve dreamed it would be.
One of the biggest details you’ll have to hammer out early on in the planning process is the specific time that your wedding will take place. Some people prefer evening weddings that continue into the late hours of the night, while others plan a laid-back lunchtime reception. Still others find that morning weddings are the right choice for them, and there are plenty of reasons why booking an event venue in Lowell, IN for a morning wedding is an option worth considering:
- Cost savings: Since so many weddings take place later in the afternoon or during the evening, many vendors and venues offer pricing discounts for morning weddings. You can also enjoy additional cost savings because the menus for breakfasts and brunches tend to be much less expensive than dinner menus.
- Unique food options: Many dinner options at weddings are predictable, and potentially even tired. A waffle bar, on the other hand, is anything but! You can serve up elegant brunch options or lay out a buffet-style spread with sweet and savory breakfast staples. As a nice added touch, consider a coffee bar or even hire a barista in lieu of having a traditional bar.
- More schedule-friendly: Lots of people are unable to attend weddings due to scheduling conflicts. During the summer months, it’s not uncommon for someone to potentially multiple weddings to attend in a single weekend. By scheduling your wedding in the morning, it is more likely that your guests will be able to attend without any scheduling conflicts.
- No rush: Many venues have a specified time in the evening when you have to be out. With a morning wedding, you may not be as rushed, and you can simply enjoy your special day without any pressure.
- Great lighting: In the morning, the sun is at the perfect place in the sky to give off incredible natural lighting for photos at your event venue in Lowell, IN. In addition, the mild weather in the morning allows you to have an outdoor summer wedding without forcing your guests to endure excessive daytime heat.
In some cases, a morning wedding can come with some disadvantages. Some service providers and vendors may not offer service in the morning. In addition, you will likely have to get up early on the day of your event, which can be a challenge if you aren’t naturally an early riser. It’s important to think about the specifics of your situation to determine whether a morning wedding is the right choice for you.
Book an event venue in Lowell, IN
Plan your summer wedding at a gorgeous venue where you can truly enjoy the natural lighting and the mild weather. At Signature Banquets, we are here to make all of your dreams for your wedding become a reality. We are an event venue in Lowell, IN with considerable experience accommodating guests with beautiful event spaces and helpful services, including gourmet catering and in-house wedding planners, to create an unforgettable wedding experience. You can tour our facilities, find out more about our services and arrange a consultation by calling us or sending an email.
If you’re planning to host an event, whether it’s a bar mitzvah, a bridal shower or a business event, you’re going to need an event venue in Lowell, IN that will meet all of your and your attendees’ needs. Because there are so many venues to choose from, deciding on one can be very challenging.
In order to choose the perfect event venue for your needs, you’ll have to consider a lot of things, including location and cost. But there are a number of other things that you might not think about initially that can help you make your decision. By taking the time to consider and research these five things, you can more easily make your event venue decision and put on the best event possible!
- Setup and cleanup services: Does the event venue in question offer services that set up and take down the event decorations for you, or will you be required to do these things yourself? Setup and cleanup services can save you a lot of time and hassle, and you might even need to get more people to assist you if your event is large. Choosing an event venue in Lowell, IN that offers these services as part of the cost can be a great choice.
- Parking: Does the event venue have its own parking lot where your guests can park for free? Is there a valet service? If there is not a parking lot, are there lots nearby where guests can park and take a short walk? Parking is something you must consider, because if parking is not easily accessible, you’ll need to find other ways to get your attendees to the venue.
- Tables, chairs and linens: Will the event venue provide tables and chairs? Most venues do, but it helps to be sure. Additionally, will they provide table linens for you, and do these match the aesthetic of the event you’re trying to host? Depending on the size of your event, having to supply your own tables, chairs and linens can be a big pain.
- Insurance: Some events won’t be able to work with you if you do not have insurance to cover liability. Some venues require you to add them as an additional insured party for the event, so it’s important to know this early in the process so you can get these details sorted out.
- Date flexibility: Sometimes, venues will have dates they want to fill with events and will offer a lower price if you decide on one of those dates. If your event date can be flexible, working with an event venue that has these lower-cost options might be a good choice for your budget and allow you to spend more money on food and decorations.
If you are searching for the perfect event venue in Lowell, IN, call Signature Banquets! We specialize in hosting and planning special events and weddings in our first-class banquet facility. Take full advantage of our 9,000 square-foot banquet hall and outdoor patio areas for your event, as well as our in-house catering staff and event planners! Call us today to set up your free consultation.