Mother’s Day is one of the most special days of the year. Event planners in Lowell, IN have several ideas for unique games you can play at your party venue. Create lasting memories this Mother’s Day with these tips from Signature Banquets:
- What’s in mom’s purse? This is entertaining for a large group. Moms and kids sit across from each other. Simply line up one fewer chair then there are children. Each child calls out an item they guess is in their mom’s purse. If a child retrieves an item from their mother like a tube of lipstick, they return and sit down in one of the chairs. If a child doesn’t get an item, they are out of the game. Play continues in this fashion until there is only one player left. The last chair belongs to the winning mom and child team!
- Balloon pop: Before the party, kids write down several items they will do for mom, like fold the laundry or give her extra hugs and kisses. Fold the sheets of paper and place them into balloons before inflating them and bringing them to the party venue. Mom pops as many balloons as she can in one minute. The more balloons popped, the more favors she inherits.
- Photo shoot: What mom doesn’t love pictures of her family on her special day? Set up a tripod in the backyard, and include dad as well! Use your personal camera and invent special pics to post in your family album. Mom will have pictures and memories to treasure for a lifetime. (Mom can also post these on Facebook, which is always great fun for her to share with friends!)
- Cookie cards: Here’s a great idea for the momma who has a sweet tooth. Grab her favorite cookie dough at the market with cookie cutter letters to spell out your card of cookies. Cut the dough into letters to spell such phrases as “We Love You.” Then, bake the dough, and paint it with fun frosting colors. Mom will love the card of cookies spelled out on a plate or tray—she’ll enjoy eating her favorite cookie card from her kiddos!
- Which mom is mine? This is an entertaining way for kids to find out more about mom in a party setting. Have mom write down three facts about her life when she was young, like, “I was a cheerleader in high school,” or, “I dyed my hair bright pink in high school.” Have one mom read aloud the three memories from the past and have the children guess which reports fit their mom. Whichever child guesses the right mom wins the game. In the right party venue, this can be a very enjoyable game.
Signature Banquets would be happy to suggest more game and activity ideas, and we can even host your Mother’s Day party. With our gorgeous banquet hall and 30 years of experience as event planners in Lowell, IN, we have tons of fun and games to get you started! Contact us today and we’ll help you knock your Mother’s Day event out of the park!
In order to pull off a successful family reunion, extensive advance preparation will be necessary, as family members are typically scattered across many different geographic areas and will need this advance notice so they have enough time to get their funds and travel plans in order. Luckily, your local event planner in Lowell, IN is here to help you out with a few of the basics you need to cover as you prepare.
Before anything can be planned, you will need to know how many attendees will be at the reunion. Sending out RSVPs anywhere from 6 months to a year before the reunion dates is a good starting point, depending on how quickly your family typically responds. You could also use the attendance at previous reunions to establish a reliable baseline for what kind of turnout you can expect.
Once you have an idea of how many family members will be attending, you can then break down the budget and let everyone know right away what the cost will be so they can start making arrangements. If you have big plans for the reunion and know that it might be on the pricy side, consider offering a payment plan so that everyone will be able to attend without breaking the bank all at once.
Reserving a venue during the peak summer season can be difficult, which is why it is important to set a date early so that you can begin working on securing a spot right away. When previewing venues, be sure to communicate fully to the staff the size and needs of your party, and ask pertinent questions that might affect the budget. For example, ask if the venue includes catering, setup and cleanup in their costs, and if they will be able to seamlessly accommodate all of your guests and their individual needs.
The hope is that your reunion will encourage family members of all ages to attend, but this does mean that it will be a little more difficult to find entertainment that everyone will be able to enjoy. As the planner, you will need to have several different activities in place in an attempt to accommodate everyone’s varied interests, and sending out surveys to try to get a consensus of what types of things everyone will want to do can be quite helpful during the planning stages. Additionally, using your family’s heritage as a focal point when planning activities is a good idea, as it will provide a common thread that everyone in the family can easily connect to.
Planning a family reunion can be an overwhelming task that entails a long list of responsibilities, but fortunately Signature Banquets is here to help serve as your event planners in Lowell, IN. No matter how many different family members you need to keep happy and content, our highly trained and knowledgeable staff will be at the ready with whatever you need to make sure your reunion goes off without a hitch. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation and check out our venue!