Is this the year you’re going to throw the most exciting Halloween party in town? If you’re ready to start planning a Halloween party to remember, read on! Below, an experienced event planner in Lowell, IN shares some helpful tips to ensure you’re all set for a night filled with tricks and treats.
Find the perfect location
The first thing you need to throw a memorable Halloween party is the perfect location. Once you know where you’ll be having it, you can start planning the date, time, guest list, theme, decorations and food. Luckily, there are plenty of spooky (and legal) party locations to choose from during the Halloween season:
- The woods: Some parts of the United States have pleasant fall seasons. Because of good weather, you might want to throw an outdoor party. Places like a forest, spooky woods or an open field are the perfect settings for bonfires, socializing, playing games and celebrating Halloween.
- Someone’s backyard: Another outdoor party location can be your own or a friend’s backyard. Set up in a large yard or lot complete with party tent rentals, tables and chairs and nearby restroom facilities.
- A local venue: If you want to take the stress out of Halloween party setup and cleanup, reserve a local banquet hall or event facility. Want things to be even simpler? Hire a party planner to book a location, get the decorations and plan the food for you!
Who do you want to come? Writing a list of whom you want to invite to your party will help you plan better. This list will give you an idea of what type of party you want to throw. Adults only? Family friendly? Costumes required? Will the menu be potluck style, or are you providing everything? Will there be entertainment?
Finally, what time should your party start and end? Keep in mind that throwing a Halloween party on Halloween is not ideal for a lot of people for trick-or-treating or work reasons. Consider having it the Saturday before Halloween to allow for preparation and cleanup time, and maybe to draw a bigger crowd.
Decide on a theme
Halloween can be considered a theme all on its own, but your invitation should specify whether or not guests should show up in costume, and if costumes need to be specific to a theme. Knowing this is also good for decorating purposes. However, leaving the theme open keeps the guesswork out of whether guests should dress up in costume or wear whatever they want to.
Halloween treats and activities
It’s typically not difficult to choose food and beverages for Halloween parties, but if you’ve set a theme, carry over that theme to the food spread. You can even label goodies with spooky names and decorate around the tables accordingly. For party activities, most people will simply mingle while others dance, and if it’s a costume party, consider holding a costume contest.
Do you want to take advantage of the services of an event planner in Lowell, IN for your Halloween party? Call Signature Banquets today!
Every wedding is different, but there are certain iconic staples of this special event that anyone can identify. Aside from important aspects of a wedding celebration, like the first dance and speeches from members of the wedding party, one of the most memorable aspects of your wedding is the food you serve—especially the wedding cake. Although a traditional tiered cake is a classic choice, many people are choosing to swap out their dessert option in favor of unconventional fare to really leave an impression on their guests. If you’re in the process of planning your big day with an event planner in Lowell, IN, consider a few of the most unique wedding cake alternatives:
- Tiered dessert arrangements: Just because you don’t have cake at your wedding doesn’t mean you can’t have an aesthetically striking tiered arrangement. Instead of a tiered cake, try a tiered arrangement of doughnuts, cookies or other small desserts. Single-serving desserts can be plated and served much easier than a cake can, which means you and your guests can focus on enjoying the party.
- Cupcake towers: For a dessert option that still allows you to enjoy the delicious tastes and textures of a wedding cake, opt for some cupcakes. You can choose between full size cupcakes or mini cupcakes and add unique garnishes to really make your desserts stand out. You can even add an edible version of your wedding monogram for a personalized touch.
- Breakfast for dessert: Whether you have a morning wedding or you simply love breakfast fare, you can incorporate some sweet breakfast dishes into your big day. Add a pancake or waffle bar with fresh berries, syrups, chocolate chips and other favorite toppings so that your guests can customize their dessert.
- Seasonal desserts: You put a lot of thought into the time of year when your wedding will take place, so why not serve a seasonally appropriate dessert? For summer weddings, incorporate fresh berries and peaches into your dessert options. In the fall and winter, pumpkin pies are a classic, crowd-pleasing option.
- Buffet-style dessert: Desserts are delicious—so why should you choose just one? Put it all out there with a dessert buffet full of various cakes, pies, truffles, cookies, candies and other sweet favorites. You can even incorporate a s’mores bar for something extra special.
At Signature Banquets, we want your personal style and preferences to shine through on your big day, which is why we can work with you to create a dreamy food and dessert menu that your guests will rave about for years to come. We have a range of delicious breakfast, dinner, appetizer, drink and dessert options for you to choose from for your special event. We are proud to be a family owned and operated business with decades of experience turning our clients’ dream event into a reality. Whether you have classic tastes or you want to serve something truly one-of-a-kind to your guests, we can help you. Give us a call to learn more and to get assistance from a professional event planner in Lowell, IN.
With graduation season approaching, you need to start planning the ultimate reward for your teens graduation: an amazing party! Start with these great tips from your local event planner in Lowell, IN:
- Photo booth fun: Superlatives like “Most Athletic” or “Best Hair” can be printed or painted on a wooden sign and used in your own photo shoot as your party guests enter the banquet hall or party venue you have rented for them.
- Insta-sign: See which photos are taken at your graduation party as you enjoy the fun. Set out a chalkboard for guests with a reminder to share graduation party pictures on Instagram. Remember all the fun times with photos that you’ll be able to go back to again and again.
- Diploma cookies: Grab Pirouette cookies and tie red ribbons around them, so they look like diplomas. Place the cookies on a plate. They will look like a stack full of delicious diplomas! This is an easy and fun idea for teens to enjoy yummy graduation cookies.
- Mason jar genius: Do you want to take the mess out of making root beer floats? Simply place scoops of vanilla ice cream in mason jars and place the jars in a cooler with root beer cans. Kids can have them whenever they want, and since the mason jar is larger than the soda can, there isn’t a mess to clean up afterward.
- Kiddie pool drinks: This is a brilliant idea that teens will love. Fill up a large kiddie pool with ice and place soda cans on top. Kids can see the soda cans easily and grab them on the go while having a blast at the party.
- Suitcase cards: Use an old or thrifty suitcase and buy wooden letters at your local craft store that spell out “cards.” You can easily get wooden letters from a fabric store. Grab some twine, string it through the letters and then hang it on top of the suitcase for teens to see. The cards will be easy to keep in one place, rather than wind up scattered everywhere. Later, the grad can treasure these cards forever.
- Balloon photos: Tie your friends’ photos to the ends of balloons that have already been blown up. This makes an easy and fun alternative to the typical wall or bulletin board. When it’s finished, it appears that the balloons hold the photos in place on a table, creating a chandelier with a festive and chic
- Inspirational quotes: Chalkboards are so inexpensive and popular today. Place chalkboards throughout the party venue and let guests write up inspirational quotes for their favorite grad. Your teen can enjoy these for all time.
Signature Banquets offers a beautiful party venue and experienced event planners in Lowell, IN. We offer 30 years of experience in the industry. If you’re looking for a beautiful banquet hall and a team known for high quality services, we offer the most enjoyable event space around. Let us help you make your graduation party unforgettable. Call us today to get started!
Mother’s Day is one of the most special days of the year. Event planners in Lowell, IN have several ideas for unique games you can play at your party venue. Create lasting memories this Mother’s Day with these tips from Signature Banquets:
- What’s in mom’s purse? This is entertaining for a large group. Moms and kids sit across from each other. Simply line up one fewer chair then there are children. Each child calls out an item they guess is in their mom’s purse. If a child retrieves an item from their mother like a tube of lipstick, they return and sit down in one of the chairs. If a child doesn’t get an item, they are out of the game. Play continues in this fashion until there is only one player left. The last chair belongs to the winning mom and child team!
- Balloon pop: Before the party, kids write down several items they will do for mom, like fold the laundry or give her extra hugs and kisses. Fold the sheets of paper and place them into balloons before inflating them and bringing them to the party venue. Mom pops as many balloons as she can in one minute. The more balloons popped, the more favors she inherits.
- Photo shoot: What mom doesn’t love pictures of her family on her special day? Set up a tripod in the backyard, and include dad as well! Use your personal camera and invent special pics to post in your family album. Mom will have pictures and memories to treasure for a lifetime. (Mom can also post these on Facebook, which is always great fun for her to share with friends!)
- Cookie cards: Here’s a great idea for the momma who has a sweet tooth. Grab her favorite cookie dough at the market with cookie cutter letters to spell out your card of cookies. Cut the dough into letters to spell such phrases as “We Love You.” Then, bake the dough, and paint it with fun frosting colors. Mom will love the card of cookies spelled out on a plate or tray—she’ll enjoy eating her favorite cookie card from her kiddos!
- Which mom is mine? This is an entertaining way for kids to find out more about mom in a party setting. Have mom write down three facts about her life when she was young, like, “I was a cheerleader in high school,” or, “I dyed my hair bright pink in high school.” Have one mom read aloud the three memories from the past and have the children guess which reports fit their mom. Whichever child guesses the right mom wins the game. In the right party venue, this can be a very enjoyable game.
Signature Banquets would be happy to suggest more game and activity ideas, and we can even host your Mother’s Day party. With our gorgeous banquet hall and 30 years of experience as event planners in Lowell, IN, we have tons of fun and games to get you started! Contact us today and we’ll help you knock your Mother’s Day event out of the park!
In order to pull off a successful family reunion, extensive advance preparation will be necessary, as family members are typically scattered across many different geographic areas and will need this advance notice so they have enough time to get their funds and travel plans in order. Luckily, your local event planner in Lowell, IN is here to help you out with a few of the basics you need to cover as you prepare.
Before anything can be planned, you will need to know how many attendees will be at the reunion. Sending out RSVPs anywhere from 6 months to a year before the reunion dates is a good starting point, depending on how quickly your family typically responds. You could also use the attendance at previous reunions to establish a reliable baseline for what kind of turnout you can expect.
Once you have an idea of how many family members will be attending, you can then break down the budget and let everyone know right away what the cost will be so they can start making arrangements. If you have big plans for the reunion and know that it might be on the pricy side, consider offering a payment plan so that everyone will be able to attend without breaking the bank all at once.
Reserving a venue during the peak summer season can be difficult, which is why it is important to set a date early so that you can begin working on securing a spot right away. When previewing venues, be sure to communicate fully to the staff the size and needs of your party, and ask pertinent questions that might affect the budget. For example, ask if the venue includes catering, setup and cleanup in their costs, and if they will be able to seamlessly accommodate all of your guests and their individual needs.
The hope is that your reunion will encourage family members of all ages to attend, but this does mean that it will be a little more difficult to find entertainment that everyone will be able to enjoy. As the planner, you will need to have several different activities in place in an attempt to accommodate everyone’s varied interests, and sending out surveys to try to get a consensus of what types of things everyone will want to do can be quite helpful during the planning stages. Additionally, using your family’s heritage as a focal point when planning activities is a good idea, as it will provide a common thread that everyone in the family can easily connect to.
Planning a family reunion can be an overwhelming task that entails a long list of responsibilities, but fortunately Signature Banquets is here to help serve as your event planners in Lowell, IN. No matter how many different family members you need to keep happy and content, our highly trained and knowledgeable staff will be at the ready with whatever you need to make sure your reunion goes off without a hitch. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation and check out our venue!