Planning to ring in this year’s Independence Day with a big corporate bash, but not sure where to start? Planning a corporate 4th of July party is not like putting together a backyard barbecue. A lot of planning goes into making a corporate event a success.
To help you get started on planning your corporate 4th of July party, our party planners at Signature Banquets have put together a list of six fun ideas you can use for your Independence Day work party. From the food to the party venue in Lowell, IN, you won’t want to miss these valuable tips!
Company T-shirts are such a great idea for so many reasons. Employees will love them, especially if they are 4th of July-themed. T-shirts are also great advertising for your company!
Have employees show their love for the red, white and blue with a 4th of July costume contest. Have employees deck themselves out with the most amazing Independence Day gear they can find and then have judges award a prize to the most patriotic costume at your event.
Patriotic scavenger hunt
The great thing about a scavenger hunt is that everyone can join in and you can do it inside or outside. For your 4th of July event, you can hide patriotic-themed items for guests to find and check off on a list. Have employees work in teams and you can turn this game into a great team-building exercise as well!
A s’mores bar is always a great hit with party guests of every age and, again, you can do it indoors or out. The idea is to create a station with the traditional necessities for s’mores: chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers. The fun part comes in by adding additional toppings like fruit, different kinds of chocolate or candy bars and even bacon! It gives guests a chance to get creative with an old favorite and try something new.
Hire a DJ
What better way to wrap up a party than by dancing the night away? Hiring a DJ will keep your guests engaged and having fun right up until it’s time to go home. A DJ can also be a great help with engaging even the most reserved members of your team and helping with icebreakers to get the party started.
Another great way to get employees to work in teams and engage with people they may not normally interact with is a trivia game. You can have American history questions or whatever 4th of July theme you would like. Add a few fun prizes for the winners and you are all set for fun!
If you want to plan the perfect corporate 4th of July event that employees will be talking about for months to come, try these six valuable tips. And if you are looking for a party venue in Lowell, IN to host your event, don’t forget to check out Signature Banquets, your premier event space in Indiana!
Every wedding is different, but there are certain iconic staples of this special event that anyone can identify. Aside from important aspects of a wedding celebration, like the first dance and speeches from members of the wedding party, one of the most memorable aspects of your wedding is the food you serve—especially the wedding cake. Although a traditional tiered cake is a classic choice, many people are choosing to swap out their dessert option in favor of unconventional fare to really leave an impression on their guests. If you’re in the process of planning your big day with an event planner in Lowell, IN, consider a few of the most unique wedding cake alternatives:
- Tiered dessert arrangements: Just because you don’t have cake at your wedding doesn’t mean you can’t have an aesthetically striking tiered arrangement. Instead of a tiered cake, try a tiered arrangement of doughnuts, cookies or other small desserts. Single-serving desserts can be plated and served much easier than a cake can, which means you and your guests can focus on enjoying the party.
- Cupcake towers: For a dessert option that still allows you to enjoy the delicious tastes and textures of a wedding cake, opt for some cupcakes. You can choose between full size cupcakes or mini cupcakes and add unique garnishes to really make your desserts stand out. You can even add an edible version of your wedding monogram for a personalized touch.
- Breakfast for dessert: Whether you have a morning wedding or you simply love breakfast fare, you can incorporate some sweet breakfast dishes into your big day. Add a pancake or waffle bar with fresh berries, syrups, chocolate chips and other favorite toppings so that your guests can customize their dessert.
- Seasonal desserts: You put a lot of thought into the time of year when your wedding will take place, so why not serve a seasonally appropriate dessert? For summer weddings, incorporate fresh berries and peaches into your dessert options. In the fall and winter, pumpkin pies are a classic, crowd-pleasing option.
- Buffet-style dessert: Desserts are delicious—so why should you choose just one? Put it all out there with a dessert buffet full of various cakes, pies, truffles, cookies, candies and other sweet favorites. You can even incorporate a s’mores bar for something extra special.
At Signature Banquets, we want your personal style and preferences to shine through on your big day, which is why we can work with you to create a dreamy food and dessert menu that your guests will rave about for years to come. We have a range of delicious breakfast, dinner, appetizer, drink and dessert options for you to choose from for your special event. We are proud to be a family owned and operated business with decades of experience turning our clients’ dream event into a reality. Whether you have classic tastes or you want to serve something truly one-of-a-kind to your guests, we can help you. Give us a call to learn more and to get assistance from a professional event planner in Lowell, IN.
The music you have at your wedding reception is one of the most important aspects of the event. After all, it’s supposed to be a party, right? Unfortunately, the dance floor at lots of wedding receptions is left vacant for the duration of the event because of boring music. Although having a friend set up a playlist on their phone for the event might seem like a good way to cut costs, you might end up playing music that doesn’t encourage anyone to get out on the dance floor. Having a live band or DJ at your wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN is a great way to get your guests moving and keep them entertained. So, which one should you choose? There are quite a few factors to consider:
- Variety: When it comes to the variety of music being played, a DJ has the upper hand over a live band. Since they will be able to play the best music from a variety of bands and musicians, not to mention music from a wide range of time periods, there will be a much better variety of music. Even if a live band has a huge repertoire of songs, the playing style and vocals will stay pretty much the same, which can get boring after a while.
- Guest engagement: You’re throwing a party that you want your guests to enjoy, so it’s important to hire musical entertainment that’s going to encourage your guests to dance and have fun. Both DJs and live bands can offer this kind of guest engagement, but they may also fall flat depending on their personality and performance style. It’s best to avoid hiring musical entertainment sight unseen. Only hire a band after seeing them perform live, and only hire a DJ after seeing a live performance or a recorded performance online. This will give you a much better idea about how they interact with guests and whether they will keep people entertained and engaged.
- Applicable venue regulations: Some venues have rules about noise levels that you should be aware of if you’re planning on hiring a live band. Since DJs can easily control music volume with the touch of a button, they tend to be better suited for venues that have noise level restrictions. Find out about the specific rules that apply at your wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN.
- Cost: Weddings are notoriously expensive, and the exorbitant rates that some live bands charge can drive up the cost even more. Bands are almost always more expensive than DJs. Hiring a band may run you upwards of $2,000, while a DJ will likely only set you back a few hundred dollars.
Regardless of who you choose for your wedding entertainment, you can give your guests a night to remember when you host your wedding at Signature Banquets. We are a family owned business with over 30 years of experience. We offer a range of wedding services, including full-service catering, at our elegant, 9,000 square foot wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN. We are here to ensure that your big day is everything you dreamed it would be with help from our in-house wedding planners and experienced event consultants. To find out more or to schedule a tour of our venue, call us today.
With graduation season approaching, you need to start planning the ultimate reward for your teens graduation: an amazing party! Start with these great tips from your local event planner in Lowell, IN:
- Photo booth fun: Superlatives like “Most Athletic” or “Best Hair” can be printed or painted on a wooden sign and used in your own photo shoot as your party guests enter the banquet hall or party venue you have rented for them.
- Insta-sign: See which photos are taken at your graduation party as you enjoy the fun. Set out a chalkboard for guests with a reminder to share graduation party pictures on Instagram. Remember all the fun times with photos that you’ll be able to go back to again and again.
- Diploma cookies: Grab Pirouette cookies and tie red ribbons around them, so they look like diplomas. Place the cookies on a plate. They will look like a stack full of delicious diplomas! This is an easy and fun idea for teens to enjoy yummy graduation cookies.
- Mason jar genius: Do you want to take the mess out of making root beer floats? Simply place scoops of vanilla ice cream in mason jars and place the jars in a cooler with root beer cans. Kids can have them whenever they want, and since the mason jar is larger than the soda can, there isn’t a mess to clean up afterward.
- Kiddie pool drinks: This is a brilliant idea that teens will love. Fill up a large kiddie pool with ice and place soda cans on top. Kids can see the soda cans easily and grab them on the go while having a blast at the party.
- Suitcase cards: Use an old or thrifty suitcase and buy wooden letters at your local craft store that spell out “cards.” You can easily get wooden letters from a fabric store. Grab some twine, string it through the letters and then hang it on top of the suitcase for teens to see. The cards will be easy to keep in one place, rather than wind up scattered everywhere. Later, the grad can treasure these cards forever.
- Balloon photos: Tie your friends’ photos to the ends of balloons that have already been blown up. This makes an easy and fun alternative to the typical wall or bulletin board. When it’s finished, it appears that the balloons hold the photos in place on a table, creating a chandelier with a festive and chic
- Inspirational quotes: Chalkboards are so inexpensive and popular today. Place chalkboards throughout the party venue and let guests write up inspirational quotes for their favorite grad. Your teen can enjoy these for all time.
Signature Banquets offers a beautiful party venue and experienced event planners in Lowell, IN. We offer 30 years of experience in the industry. If you’re looking for a beautiful banquet hall and a team known for high quality services, we offer the most enjoyable event space around. Let us help you make your graduation party unforgettable. Call us today to get started!
Mother’s Day is one of the most special days of the year. Event planners in Lowell, IN have several ideas for unique games you can play at your party venue. Create lasting memories this Mother’s Day with these tips from Signature Banquets:
- What’s in mom’s purse? This is entertaining for a large group. Moms and kids sit across from each other. Simply line up one fewer chair then there are children. Each child calls out an item they guess is in their mom’s purse. If a child retrieves an item from their mother like a tube of lipstick, they return and sit down in one of the chairs. If a child doesn’t get an item, they are out of the game. Play continues in this fashion until there is only one player left. The last chair belongs to the winning mom and child team!
- Balloon pop: Before the party, kids write down several items they will do for mom, like fold the laundry or give her extra hugs and kisses. Fold the sheets of paper and place them into balloons before inflating them and bringing them to the party venue. Mom pops as many balloons as she can in one minute. The more balloons popped, the more favors she inherits.
- Photo shoot: What mom doesn’t love pictures of her family on her special day? Set up a tripod in the backyard, and include dad as well! Use your personal camera and invent special pics to post in your family album. Mom will have pictures and memories to treasure for a lifetime. (Mom can also post these on Facebook, which is always great fun for her to share with friends!)
- Cookie cards: Here’s a great idea for the momma who has a sweet tooth. Grab her favorite cookie dough at the market with cookie cutter letters to spell out your card of cookies. Cut the dough into letters to spell such phrases as “We Love You.” Then, bake the dough, and paint it with fun frosting colors. Mom will love the card of cookies spelled out on a plate or tray—she’ll enjoy eating her favorite cookie card from her kiddos!
- Which mom is mine? This is an entertaining way for kids to find out more about mom in a party setting. Have mom write down three facts about her life when she was young, like, “I was a cheerleader in high school,” or, “I dyed my hair bright pink in high school.” Have one mom read aloud the three memories from the past and have the children guess which reports fit their mom. Whichever child guesses the right mom wins the game. In the right party venue, this can be a very enjoyable game.
Signature Banquets would be happy to suggest more game and activity ideas, and we can even host your Mother’s Day party. With our gorgeous banquet hall and 30 years of experience as event planners in Lowell, IN, we have tons of fun and games to get you started! Contact us today and we’ll help you knock your Mother’s Day event out of the park!
In order to pull off a successful family reunion, extensive advance preparation will be necessary, as family members are typically scattered across many different geographic areas and will need this advance notice so they have enough time to get their funds and travel plans in order. Luckily, your local event planner in Lowell, IN is here to help you out with a few of the basics you need to cover as you prepare.
Before anything can be planned, you will need to know how many attendees will be at the reunion. Sending out RSVPs anywhere from 6 months to a year before the reunion dates is a good starting point, depending on how quickly your family typically responds. You could also use the attendance at previous reunions to establish a reliable baseline for what kind of turnout you can expect.
Once you have an idea of how many family members will be attending, you can then break down the budget and let everyone know right away what the cost will be so they can start making arrangements. If you have big plans for the reunion and know that it might be on the pricy side, consider offering a payment plan so that everyone will be able to attend without breaking the bank all at once.
Reserving a venue during the peak summer season can be difficult, which is why it is important to set a date early so that you can begin working on securing a spot right away. When previewing venues, be sure to communicate fully to the staff the size and needs of your party, and ask pertinent questions that might affect the budget. For example, ask if the venue includes catering, setup and cleanup in their costs, and if they will be able to seamlessly accommodate all of your guests and their individual needs.
The hope is that your reunion will encourage family members of all ages to attend, but this does mean that it will be a little more difficult to find entertainment that everyone will be able to enjoy. As the planner, you will need to have several different activities in place in an attempt to accommodate everyone’s varied interests, and sending out surveys to try to get a consensus of what types of things everyone will want to do can be quite helpful during the planning stages. Additionally, using your family’s heritage as a focal point when planning activities is a good idea, as it will provide a common thread that everyone in the family can easily connect to.
Planning a family reunion can be an overwhelming task that entails a long list of responsibilities, but fortunately Signature Banquets is here to help serve as your event planners in Lowell, IN. No matter how many different family members you need to keep happy and content, our highly trained and knowledgeable staff will be at the ready with whatever you need to make sure your reunion goes off without a hitch. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation and check out our venue!
When you’re planning a party, you have a long list of to-dos running through your head just about all the time. This is even more true when the party you’re planning is your own wedding. From flower arrangements to caterers, and dresses to table settings, there is a seemingly endless array of choices that you will have to make to ensure that your big day is everything you’ve dreamed it would be.
One of the biggest details you’ll have to hammer out early on in the planning process is the specific time that your wedding will take place. Some people prefer evening weddings that continue into the late hours of the night, while others plan a laid-back lunchtime reception. Still others find that morning weddings are the right choice for them, and there are plenty of reasons why booking an event venue in Lowell, IN for a morning wedding is an option worth considering:
- Cost savings: Since so many weddings take place later in the afternoon or during the evening, many vendors and venues offer pricing discounts for morning weddings. You can also enjoy additional cost savings because the menus for breakfasts and brunches tend to be much less expensive than dinner menus.
- Unique food options: Many dinner options at weddings are predictable, and potentially even tired. A waffle bar, on the other hand, is anything but! You can serve up elegant brunch options or lay out a buffet-style spread with sweet and savory breakfast staples. As a nice added touch, consider a coffee bar or even hire a barista in lieu of having a traditional bar.
- More schedule-friendly: Lots of people are unable to attend weddings due to scheduling conflicts. During the summer months, it’s not uncommon for someone to potentially multiple weddings to attend in a single weekend. By scheduling your wedding in the morning, it is more likely that your guests will be able to attend without any scheduling conflicts.
- No rush: Many venues have a specified time in the evening when you have to be out. With a morning wedding, you may not be as rushed, and you can simply enjoy your special day without any pressure.
- Great lighting: In the morning, the sun is at the perfect place in the sky to give off incredible natural lighting for photos at your event venue in Lowell, IN. In addition, the mild weather in the morning allows you to have an outdoor summer wedding without forcing your guests to endure excessive daytime heat.
In some cases, a morning wedding can come with some disadvantages. Some service providers and vendors may not offer service in the morning. In addition, you will likely have to get up early on the day of your event, which can be a challenge if you aren’t naturally an early riser. It’s important to think about the specifics of your situation to determine whether a morning wedding is the right choice for you.
Book an event venue in Lowell, IN
Plan your summer wedding at a gorgeous venue where you can truly enjoy the natural lighting and the mild weather. At Signature Banquets, we are here to make all of your dreams for your wedding become a reality. We are an event venue in Lowell, IN with considerable experience accommodating guests with beautiful event spaces and helpful services, including gourmet catering and in-house wedding planners, to create an unforgettable wedding experience. You can tour our facilities, find out more about our services and arrange a consultation by calling us or sending an email.
Trying to decide on a wedding date is never easy, with each season offering its own unique advantages. If you are looking to create something truly unique, have you ever considered having your wedding on Easter Day? Here are 10 reasons you should think about talking to your wedding planner in Lowell, IN about a beautiful Easter wedding:
- Not-so-traditional wedding dress: If you are looking to get away from the traditional white for your wedding dress, an Easter wedding is the perfect time to do it. Blue, lemon, mint or pink are all colorful, fashionable and trendy options that will fit in particularly well with the season.
- Creativity options: Colorful Easter eggs will make for great table adornment at the reception, and eggs painted with the couple’s name and wedding date on them would make fitting and memorable wedding favors as well.
- Keep the kids occupied: As special as the day will be for the lucky couple, keeping the children at a wedding occupied can be a challenging task. At an Easter wedding, you will find that it won’t be nearly as difficult keeping the young ones entertained with Easter-themed activities and crafts.
- Enjoy the spring weather: One of the best things about an Easter wedding is that it takes place during spring, which means that you will be able to enjoy fresh air, warm weather and longer daylight hours if you opt for an outdoor wedding.
- Next-level photography: With the agreeable weather and longer days, you will also have the pleasure of taking stunning wedding photos under the bright spring sun. Any photos you take as the sun sets will be equally as remarkable.
- Vibrant color options: Because there are so many colors that are popular during the Easter holiday season, the color scheme options for your wedding will be endless.
- Wedding cake: Since there are so many different Easter themes you can play around with, no matter what choices you make for your Easter-themed wedding cake, it will surely open up your options unlike any other time of year.
- Springtime flowers: Although you can get fresh flowers year-round, there is nothing quite like the beauty that is a bouquet or floral arrangement that is prepared with burgeoning, fresh spring flowers.
- Fresh food: With many fruits and vegetables being in season during the spring, locating and sourcing food will be a cost-effective endeavor, which will certainly help with your overall wedding budget.
- Long weekend: As an added bonus, the Easter holiday is often treated as an extended weekend each year, giving everyone extra time off of work to recover from the festivities. That means there is no reason why the party and celebration can’t last all night long.
The team at Signature Banquets has over 30 years of experience helping happy couples and families create lasting memories, and if you have been thinking about an Easter wedding, we’d love to help! Our wedding planners in Lowell, IN are dedicated to making sure that you have what you need your special day, so give us a call today to learn about the many services we can offer you!
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, and you will hold the memories from this special day for decades to come. For almost as long as people have been getting married, they have used art mediums to commemorate the occasion. From Renaissance portraits that commemorated the union of high-profile couples to the digital photography that we have today, weddings have always been considered a special occasion that should be immortalized.
In recent decades, people have had the opportunity to keep even more detailed documentation of their weddings with videography. Wedding videos can be as simple as having a relative hold up a smartphone during the reception, but many couples opt to hire a professional for a wedding video with higher production value. If you plan on going this route, it’s important that you know what to look for in your wedding videographer:
- Ask for references: Hiring a videographer is about more than just the finished product. You want to be sure that whomever you hire is going to provide you with a great experience, from initial pricing to filming on the day of the event. The best way to determine the quality of the experience that you can expect is by asking for references, looking for online reviews and asking family and friends about their hiring experience. In fact, a wedding planner in Lowell, IN may even be able to recommend a videographer they’ve worked with in the past.
- Establish an agreement: Make sure that you have a written agreement with your videographer that establishes the amount you will pay, when you will receive a copy of the finished videos from your wedding and how long you can expect them to be filming on the day of the event.
- Take a look at previous work: Just because a videographer is talented and capable of taking high-quality footage of your wedding doesn’t mean that they are necessarily the right choice for you. By looking at their work before you hire them, you will be able to determine whether their specific style matches what you’re looking for.
- Get all of your questions answered: You should sit down with a potential videographer long before your wedding so that you can ask any questions you might have and clearly communicate your specific requests to them. It’s also a good idea to ask about how they will interact with guests at your wedding. You don’t want to hire a videographer who is going to be getting in the way of your guests just for the sake of getting a good shot.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed about planning your big day, hiring a wedding planner in Lowell, IN can take much of the stress off of your shoulders. At Signature Banquets, we are happy to provide you with everything from gorgeous event spaces to in-house wedding planning services. We are proud to deliver outstanding service that ensures that every last detail of your big event goes off without a hitch. Call or email us to speak to one of our professional team members about our services and amenities, and to schedule a free consultation.
As you know, there is no time limit on how long you can be engaged. Whether you’re engaged for six months or six years, your wedding day is when you and your future spouse are both ready to say your vows. The thing to remember is that you do need a considerable amount of time to pull off a memorable wedding day. Planning a wedding is not as simple as some people may think. Should you hire a wedding planner? How long is the guest list going to be? When do you need to reserve a wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN? Once you start, the list of important tasks seems to grow and never end—that is why organization is key.
So, just exactly how long should you take to plan your wedding? Read on for some advice and a wedding checklist!
Time it takes to plan a wedding
The average couple spends between 10 and 14 months planning their wedding day. There are many steps in the planning process, starting with touring multiple wedding venues in the area where you want to get married, all the way to giving gifts to your bridal party and parents. Keep a wedding notebook to stay sane and on top of planning—and keep the following checklist in mind:
- At this stage you should be celebrating your engagement, researching wedding vendors, setting a budget and choosing a wedding venue. After announcing your engagement, have an engagement party with the people closest to you. After celebrating, plan to sit down with everyone who will be involved in the financial aspect of your wedding. This is the time to set the budget for your wedding so you can begin making a list of your top wedding priorities. Now, think of whom you want to invite. Creating a guest list early on means you can start collecting mailing addresses to send out save-the-date cards and wedding invitations.
- You’re excited, so you’ll likely want to begin doing some wedding research right away! If you want help planning everything, your first search should be for a professional wedding planner. This individual can save you time and energy throughout the entire planning process, right up until the last minute of your wedding day.
- Next, make appointments to meet with wedding vendors. Write out a list of vendors, starting with the wedding products or services that are of highest priority to you and your future spouse—for example, the wedding venue, photographer and wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN. Also research and schedule meetings with bakers, florists, videographers, caterers and entertainment companies.
- Gather your bridal party and groomsmen together! Ladies, get the girls together and start looking for the perfect dress. Guys, get started on the bachelor party!
These are just some of the things that take priority in the first couple months of the wedding planning process—and plenty more is to come! If you want a professional wedding planner, a wedding venue or a wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN, look no further than the wedding event experts at Signature Banquets. Call us today!