If you’ve just gotten engaged, congratulations! There’s nothing more romantic, courageous and honorable than tying your life to the person you love.
Don’t let it stress you out, but you got a lot of decisions to make soon, as essentially the moment you announce you are engaged your friends and family are going to begin asking you about your wedding date and venue.
As a wedding planner in Lowell, IN, we’ve put together this little primer in hopes that we can help newly engaged couples think over the decisions they will need to make over the upcoming months to plan their wedding:
- Set a timetable first, then work out the exact date later: People are going to begin asking you about your wedding date right away. Even if you don’t know the exact date, being able to say something like, “We were thinking sometime next summer,” can be a big help at keeping people at bay as you do the hard work of planning. This lets your guests start making preliminary plans themselves.
- Pick a location: Your location is going to have a lot to do with who shows up and the overall style of your wedding. Do you want to have a local wedding in your hometown, or do you want a destination wedding? Just keep in mind that the easier it is to get to the location, the more people will feasibly be able to attend your wedding.
- Set your budget: It is traditional for parents to contribute to the cost of a wedding; however, you will need to have a clear and frank conversation with them before you start planning the wedding about what that budget will actually look like. Waiting until after you’ve begun planning to discuss your budget is a great way to unnecessarily hurt people’s feelings.
- Guest list: Your guest list is going to affect your budget, just as your budget is going to affect your potential guest list. Having a guest list is extremely important, as most wedding vendors charge based on headcount. This is also a good time to decide on your wedding party.
- Hire a wedding planner: Most people cannot plan a wedding on their own. If you don’t have family or friends that can help, consider hiring a wedding planner in Lowell, IN to shoulder some of the responsibility.
- Shop wedding venues: Once you’ve got your guest list, your budget and your date, you have everything you need to begin shopping for and booking your wedding venue. Some wedding venues come with certain services or with discounts for vendors, so make sure you ask about this.
- Vendors: You’ll need to find a band or a DJ, caterers for the food, someone to make the cake, someone to provide the flowers, a bartender, a photographer and more.
- Shop for the dress: This should be done with your family and your wedding party, and it should be fun! Take a limo and drink champagne.
- Keep your eyes on the prize: Planning a wedding can be a long and sometimes stressful process. Focus on your love for your partner. If you can remember to do that, everything else will work out.
Signature Banquets is the premier wedding planner in Lowell, IN. Our beautiful wedding venue is located here in town, and is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful wedding venues in the state. If you’re looking for a wedding venue, or could use a little help planning your wedding, please give us a call today!
Done right, a New Year’s Eve wedding can be one of the most fun and memorable ways to celebrate both your nuptials and the beginning of a new year, and all the hopefulness both entail.
If you’re planning your wedding for December 31 and are looking for a way to incorporate celebration of the new year into your wedding, we’ve got five ideas we’ve picked up from our years of experience as a wedding planner in Lowell, IN that we know will help make your New Year’s wedding and reception one nobody will ever forget.
New Year’s Eve props
The reception photo booth has been a trend at weddings for years now. One great idea for incorporating celebration of New Year’s into the celebration of your wedding is to include traditional New Year’s props—crowns and tiaras, glittery hats, glasses with the new year on them, boas and confetti poppers can help people have a little bit of fun with their photos, incorporating the festivities of the new year.
Wedding planners generally suggest you remove clocks from your reception area, as you don’t want people thinking about the time at your wedding or your reception. You don’t want to encourage anyone to leave early, and you don’t want people thinking about the time, because you don’t want anyone to be that bored! But you can make an exception at a New Year’s Eve wedding, where a countdown can be a nice addition. The clock doesn’t take center stage until the midnight hour approaches, so you won’t be at risk of losing anyone’s attention.
Champagne at midnight
Perhaps the best way to celebrate the new year is with champagne, champagne, champagne. We suggest that at the moment of the ball dropping, you and your guests share a little toast to you, the couple, and to the new year and all the hope it holds.
Drop confetti and balloons at midnight
If you want to make that midnight hour perfect, then add to your toast by dropping confetti and balloons from the rafters at the moment of the new year.
Just picture it. You and everyone you love. The confetti falls on their heads as they raise their glasses to you, all singing “Auld Lang Syne” and finding that special someone to share the first kiss of the year with. It’s hard to imagine a more hopeful or romantic way to end the night.
You want everything to sparkle, so include good crystal and chandeliers. Add a little glitz, a little gold and glitter wherever you can. You should also consider live streaming the ball drop, but just the last few minutes. As any wedding planner will tell you, this day should still be about your marriage.
Signature Banquets is a family owned and operated business with over 30 years of experience as a wedding planner in Lowell, IN. If you’re looking to make your wedding an event you and your loved ones will never forget, please give us a call today to schedule your consultation.
So, you said “yes” and are planning a wedding—congratulations! One of the first things couples do when they decide to tie the knot is choose a venue and a date, but after that, they plan their engagement party to celebrate their big news with their friends and family. Unsurprisingly, Valentine’s Day is a popular day to host an engagement party; love is in the air and many people are in the mood to soak it all up!
If you’re hosting your engagement party on Valentine’s Day, try out these five ideas to fill your event with joy and love and remember the day for years to come.
Create a photo collage
Whether your partner and you have been together for years and years or only a few months, you’re sure to have some photos together that you adore. Put them on display!
Create a decorative display for your photos and let your guests (and you!) enjoy the journey of you and your fiance’s love for each other throughout your relationship. The trip back down memory lane will get the gushy feelings going.
Red, pink and white colors
If you’re planning your engagement party on Valentine’s Day, we have a sneaking suspicion that you enjoy the holiday, so embrace it as much as possible! Opt for a traditional red, pink and white Valentine’s Day color scheme for your food and decorations. Shower your banquet hall in Lowell, IN with colorful signs, flowers and table decorations.
Plus, this will make it even easier to find adorable decor and small gifts to give your guests as a thank you for sharing the day with you. With Valentine’s Day stuff in stores, you’ll have your pick of the cutest options!
Heart-shaped foods and sweets
Again, take the Valentine’s Day theme in stride with heart shapes. One of the cutest ways to show hearts at your engagement party is through food, like finger sandwiches, and sweets, like brownies, cake or cookies.
These heart-shaped foods might almost be too cute to eat, especially if they’re decorated with your and your partner’s initials, names or the date of your engagement or wedding! Ask around to banquet halls in Lowell, IN if they provide catering services. If they do, see what options they have available to truly personalize your food choices to match the theme.
Create a decorated engagement banner
A decorative engagement banner is the ultimate display of you and your partner’s names, your wedding date and any other information you’d love to draw attention to at your engagement party.
You can make this banner your own with color, hearts, shapes and designs you love. You’ll want to hold on to this decoration for a while after you get married, so make it something you absolutely adore and match it to your theme!
Incorporate costumes or headpieces
If you’re feeling silly, you can supply your guests with silly costumes or headpieces to wear during the party. Around Valentine’s Day, costume pieces for Cupid, heart-shaped glasses and headwear and other adorable wearable items will be available.
Giving your guests the option to get into the Valentine’s Day mood while celebrating can be a lot of fun. Plus, it will make for even cuter photos, especially if you have a photo booth set up!
Engagement parties are almost like weddings; you want everything to be perfect and for your friends and family to have a great time. If you’re throwing a Valentine’s Day engagement party and need to rent a banquet hall in Lowell, IN, contact Signature Banquets. We are a first-class banquet facility with a 9,000 square foot space perfect for your intimate or large event. Our in-house catering services and excellent customer service make party planning a breeze, so call today to make a reservation!
The holiday season is fast approaching, and if your company hasn’t already, now is the time to be making arrangements for your company holiday party. As the years pass, we are seeing fewer companies host holiday parties for their employees for a variety of reasons: the holidays are busy, parties are expensive, you aren’t sure if employees will attend and many others.
However, company holiday parties can be a great way to give back to your employees, show your appreciation for their hard work and allow them some time to socialize and have fun with one another as your work year comes to a close. If you’re on the fence about hosting a company holiday party, here are a few reasons why you should!
- They’re fun: Simply put, the main reason why companies should host a holiday party is because they’re a lot of fun! Employees almost always enjoy getting dressed up and having a good time on the dance floor or sharing a meal with colleagues outside of a work environment. The party is all what you make of it, so if you put on a great time, they’re more likely to have one!
- Boost morale: Parties are also a great way to boost company morale as you head into the new year. Remind your employees why they love working for your company and how much fun your company culture can be by giving them the opportunity to have fun and enjoy the holiday season.
- Socializing: Holiday parties help colleagues who don’t know each other very well to talk and get to know one another better. Many employees only interact with the people in their department on a day-to-day basis, so a holiday party can help connect your employees in a more social environment. This can not only lead to lasting friendships for your employees, but also a better, more connected work environment.
- Give back: One of the best ways to show your appreciation for your employees is to give them a gift, and what better gift than a fun night with work friends, food and maybe even prizes? Throwing a holiday party for your company can help show that you appreciate all of the employees’ hard work and dedication to your mission.
Are you convinced? Good! Now it’s time to plan your party to make it the best one around!
First, you’ll want to pick a date. Sending a company-wide survey and choosing the most popular date option gives you the best chance of having as many attendees as possible. This also helps you get a rough head count for budgeting purposes. Once you choose a date, remember to communicate it and all future party plans to your company!
Next, you’ll want to set a budget, choose a party venue in Lowell, IN and decide what type of party you’d like to throw. Do you want it to be black tie, semi-formal, casual or themed?
Next, choose decorations, food and drinks that are appropriate for your type of party. You can match these to your company culture, too—a more sophisticated company might hold a black tie event with sleek decorations, while a more laid back company might host a silly theme party!
Finally, decide if you’ll offer any extras like raffles, speeches, prizes or awards and get those in order with plenty of time to spare before your party. Double check with your party venue in Lowell, IN to make sure everything is ready to go for your event.
If you need the perfect party venue in Lowell, IN for your holiday party, contact Signature Banquets. We are a first-class facility with a 9,000 square foot banquet hall perfect for your next company event. Our in-house catering services and excellent customer service make party planning a breeze, so call today to make a reservation!
Hiring a wedding planner to assist you with the planning of your special day is a great decision. Wedding planners can give you great advice, provide you with tools to budget and plan properly, connect you with great local vendors and make everything wedding-related go much more smoothly overall.
But your wedding planner in Lowell, IN is not a superhero; they can’t and won’t do everything that’s related to your wedding. You and your spouse will still need to be at the forefront of planning your wedding, but you’ll have your wedding planner’s advice to guide you. When you hire a wedding planner or have the option to use one that is provided by your wedding venue, here is what you can expect from them.
The initial meeting
To start, you’ll want to sit down with your wedding planner and discuss your budget, ideas for the wedding, your style and anything else that is pertinent to your wedding day. This will give your wedding planner the chance to get to know you and your tastes, and you’ll become more familiar and comfortable working with them.
This is also the point where you can discuss what types of services your wedding planner will offer during the planning process. Not all wedding planners offer the same exact services, so it’s important to discuss these things ahead of time and make sure everything is clear from the get-go.
Timelines and checklists
Your wedding planner in Lowell, IN will likely help you create a timeline that involves all of the things that need to happen between now and your wedding day. They can give you expert advice on when the best time is to have vendor contracts finalized, when to send save-the-dates and invitations and more. They can also help you create a wedding-day timeline and checklist to make sure everything goes smoothly when the big day arrives.
Your wedding planner can help you stay within your budget and make sure to recommend vendors and wedding options that will save you money while still giving you the wedding day of your dreams. They can be as involved as you’d like them to be, meaning they might just provide you with a template so you can track your budget on your own, or they might create a comprehensive budget plan for you that goes into detail about where all of your money is going.
The services your wedding planner provides on the day of your wedding will vary, but often, the wedding planner will be at your event to take care of the details so you can get ready and enjoy your day in peace. This might mean handling setup and takedown, telling vendors where to go and helping them set up and making sure that the bridal party and all important people are ready when the ceremony is starting.
Work with an in-house wedding planner in Lowell, IN
Signature Banquets provides an expert in-house wedding planner when you choose us for your wedding venue! We specialize in hosting and planning special events and weddings in our first-class banquet facility. Take full advantage of our 9,000 square-foot banquet hall and outdoor patio areas for your event, as well as our in-house catering staff and event planners! Call us today to set up your free consultation.
If you’re planning to host an event, whether it’s a bar mitzvah, a bridal shower or a business event, you’re going to need an event venue in Lowell, IN that will meet all of your and your attendees’ needs. Because there are so many venues to choose from, deciding on one can be very challenging.
In order to choose the perfect event venue for your needs, you’ll have to consider a lot of things, including location and cost. But there are a number of other things that you might not think about initially that can help you make your decision. By taking the time to consider and research these five things, you can more easily make your event venue decision and put on the best event possible!
- Setup and cleanup services: Does the event venue in question offer services that set up and take down the event decorations for you, or will you be required to do these things yourself? Setup and cleanup services can save you a lot of time and hassle, and you might even need to get more people to assist you if your event is large. Choosing an event venue in Lowell, IN that offers these services as part of the cost can be a great choice.
- Parking: Does the event venue have its own parking lot where your guests can park for free? Is there a valet service? If there is not a parking lot, are there lots nearby where guests can park and take a short walk? Parking is something you must consider, because if parking is not easily accessible, you’ll need to find other ways to get your attendees to the venue.
- Tables, chairs and linens: Will the event venue provide tables and chairs? Most venues do, but it helps to be sure. Additionally, will they provide table linens for you, and do these match the aesthetic of the event you’re trying to host? Depending on the size of your event, having to supply your own tables, chairs and linens can be a big pain.
- Insurance: Some events won’t be able to work with you if you do not have insurance to cover liability. Some venues require you to add them as an additional insured party for the event, so it’s important to know this early in the process so you can get these details sorted out.
- Date flexibility: Sometimes, venues will have dates they want to fill with events and will offer a lower price if you decide on one of those dates. If your event date can be flexible, working with an event venue that has these lower-cost options might be a good choice for your budget and allow you to spend more money on food and decorations.
If you are searching for the perfect event venue in Lowell, IN, call Signature Banquets! We specialize in hosting and planning special events and weddings in our first-class banquet facility. Take full advantage of our 9,000 square-foot banquet hall and outdoor patio areas for your event, as well as our in-house catering staff and event planners! Call us today to set up your free consultation.
Weddings are special and lovely events that should be a joy to plan. If preparing for your big day is causing you stress, you should reevaluate the way in which you are approaching your nuptial ceremonies.
Wedding venues in Lowell, IN may offer special incentives to couples who choose to have their big day fall between Monday and Friday. Additionally, you may have much better luck choosing the time and location of your choice if you opt for a weekday wedding.
If you are flexible as to when your wedding occurs, here are just some of the reasons that you should consider a weekday date:
- Cheaper travel: It will be much more cost-effective for guests to attend your wedding on a weekday. You can help your friends and family members avoid the weekend’s premium prices by planning to tie the knot between Monday and Friday. Additionally, it will be much cheaper to leave for your honeymoon!
- More availability: Wedding venues in Lowell, IN book up quickly! You can ensure that you are able to secure the spot of your dreams by planning for a weekday wedding. Additionally, because venues may have only one or two weddings on a weekday, they may be able to better accommodate any special requests that you might have.
- More affordable services: Services such as catering, dress rentals and more may be more affordable during the week. In addition, it is almost certain that you will pay less to secure wedding venues in Lowell, IN between Monday and Friday than you would on the weekend.
- Keep on celebrating: Just because you get married on a Monday doesn’t mean that you can’t party! A weekday wedding could be a great excuse to have yet another celebration in the days following your event. You could have a more casual get-together with your extended friend network on the weekend.
- Accommodate special dates: Do you want to share an anniversary with your grandparents, or do you want to get married on the day that you began dating? Weekday weddings can be an excellent way to mark any significant dates that you may want to continue celebrating.
- More intimate services: For many weekend wedding goers, nuptial ceremonies can be stressful affairs. You can hold more intimate, personalized services for just your and your spouse’s loved ones by hosting a weekday wedding. A weekend after-party can be a great way to include any friends and co-workers who were unable to make it to the ceremony.
Weekday weddings are great options for couples hoping to save on their expenses or honor a significant date. You and your future spouse can have a much more enjoyable time planning your big day by hosting it during the week.
Signature Banquets offers one of the premier wedding venues in Lowell, IN. Our awe-inspiring space is the perfect place the celebrate the love between you and your special someone. If you are wondering how you can make your big day truly shine, contact one of our knowledgeable and helpful associates today!
Many couples are “married” to the idea of a spring or summer wedding. If you and your future spouse are flexible, however, you may want to consider the possibility of an offseason wedding. Nuptial ceremonies that take place between December and March are often less expensive, easier to plan and more convenient for both participants and guests! There are many benefits to obtaining a wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN in the offseason:
- Better venue options: You can select the date that you truly want when you plan a winter wedding. Wedding reception halls in Lowell, IN are often overbooked in the summer season, meaning that you will have to compromise for a less-desirable date for your anniversary. In the offseason, venues typically have wide-open calendars, and may even offer you a seasonal discount.
- More decorating themes: A myriad of winter-themed decorations can make your special day really stand out. Rather than relying on the traditional wedding décor available in the summer months, you can deck out your wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN with ornamentation celebrating the winter holidays. Ice sculptures could be an excellent way to showcase your cold-weather creativity!
- Cheaper travel and lodging: Friends and family members coming in from out of town can have trouble finding accommodations during the busy season. Additionally, airfare and gasoline both run higher during the summer vacation season. Ensure that your wedding isn’t a financial burden on your guests, and plan it for the offseason.
- More comfortable environment: Black tie affairs require guests to dress to the nines—which is painfully uncomfortable in the summer heat. Even if your summer wedding were to be held indoors, the act of simply getting to the venue could cause you and your guests a substantial amount of discomfort. You and your partner shouldn’t be uncomfortable as you meet at the altar. Offseason weddings help you avoid this!
- Avoid wedding fatigue: Everyone is getting married in the summer. Double bookings are frequent concerns for wedding guests. Ensure that your friends and family are able to make it by planning your big day for the offseason! Planning a winter wedding is a great way to take stress out of the affair for both the happy couple as well as their guests. Wedding attendees will be thrilled to go to your winter wedding.
Offseason weddings are perfect for couples hoping to save on their nuptial expenses, and help prevent their big day from becoming a financial burden to their guests. Additionally, holding your wedding in the offseason makes it unique, and helps you to set it apart from other ceremonies. Plus, think of how much more exciting your honeymoon will be when it’s taking you out of the cold!
Signature Banquets is the premier wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN. Our family-owned and operated establishment is the best place in the region for you and your loved one to tie the knot. If you are looking for an excellent locale to host your offseason wedding, contact one of our friendly and professional team members today!
The foods and drinks that you serve at your wedding should not only be used to fuel your guests, they should also add some style and personality to your perfect day. You can decide what you should serve at your wedding reception by considering the following guidelines.
The process of choosing the menu for your wedding reception should not begin at the last minute. You will have to secure the best caterer, and this means that you may have to book the caterer months in advance. This is especially true if you are planning to have your soiree during the busy wedding season.
Most couples begin scouting for a caterer at least one year in advance, and around the same time they are looking for venues for the wedding. Keep in mind that some venues may require that you use their caterer, or they may work with a small list of caterers that they exclusively work with. If you are allowed to bring in your own caterer, you may be charged an additional fee. So, you may want to have a tasting with the in-house caterer first.
Get A Budget
Every decision that you make will impact the cost of your reception. For example, the cost will be affected by the number of guests you invite, to the serving style and even the type of appetizers that are served during the cocktail hour. However, by establishing your budget ahead of time, you will be able to remain on track.
Know Your Number
As previously mentioned, your guest list will affect the cost. This means that if you are on a budget but you want to have an impressive menu, you may want to limit the amount of guests you invite. On the other hand, if you do not want to exclude too many people from the list, you may want to consider being creative with your menu.
For example, you may decide to have a pasta bar with a vegetarian option instead of having a carving station.
Take Dietary Restrictions Into Consideration
Will vegans be attending your reception? What about those with gluten or peanut allergies? If so, you will need to speak with your caterer about these types of challenges ahead of time. It can slow service on the day of reception, and can leave limited dining options for your guests.
Choose The Style
It is also important to consider the style of reception you want to have. Do you want the dinner to be the focus of the reception? If so, you will want to have a sit down dinner with multiple dining courses. For something that is less formal, finger foods and passed appetizers will be sufficient and will not weigh guests down when they hit the dance floor.
Choose Local And Seasonal
Choose a menu that will be able to localize produce that is not only local, but is also in season. This means that your tomato salad may not taste its best in January, so a pasta and tomato sauce dinner will be a better option.
Find out the produce that will be the freshest around the time you are planning to get married, and plan a menu around these foods.
These are some of the tips that can help you plan the right type of menu for your wedding reception. By planning early, you can relax and enjoy your special day.
#1 – Make sure you understand the wedding event logistics
Do you want an outdoor wedding? Indoor? Which banquet hall will suit your choice best?
What are your special accommodations? Do you need wheelchair access? You must think about ALL of the details before choosing your perfect wedding venue! It is easy to let the simple concepts slip by until you start making calls. Sit down and think through EVERYTHING! It will make your wedding planning SO much easier!
#2- Make sure and ask if the venue is full-service
#3 – Know the style of your wedding or event
Are you a true romantic? Or are you the fun laid-back type? Do you want your guests to feel at complete ease, or get them up dancing? Or both?
Once you have selected these options, it will be much easier for you to gain an understanding on how to set up the event space. Our banquet halls are easily manipulated to suit your style. This is what we are here for! To SERVE YOU!
#4 – Ask, ask, ask, ask, and ask again!
Too many questions are not enough. Make a list of EVERYTHING you can think of and then reach out to us about your wedding event. We are here to answer your questions and make everything simply perfect for you. However, it’s in your best interest to have prepped these event planning questions in advance so we can solidify that perfect experience with less stress.
Call us today at Signature Banquets! 219.696.7696