It’s difficult to believe, but another year is almost gone, which means it’s time for you to be thinking about your New Year’s Eve plans! While some people enjoy a comfortable night in on the couch with their loved ones, others love to do it big, with a party that brings in all their friends for an evening of food, drink, dancing and merriment.
Are you considering throwing a New Year’s Eve party this year, but haven’t sat down to fully plan it out yet? If so, here are some tips from our banquet hall in Lowell, IN to help you in that process:
- Choose a theme: While you don’t necessarily have to have a theme for your New Year’s party, there are a lot of people who find it adds some extra fun to the event. Some of the most popular examples we see at our halls include formal “black tie” themes, “Roaring Twenties” parties, glitter parties, masquerade balls, “Casino Royale” themes and Hollywood themes. Anything that gives people an excuse to get out and dress their finest while having fun with friends is a great idea for a party!
- Make a guest list: You need to know how many people you plan to invite so you can determine the proper size for a potential venue. You can be as inclusive or exclusive as you want with this list—just make sure you have a good sense of numbers before you begin approaching any venues.
- Browse venues: After you’ve got a good sense of the guest list, you can go out and take a look at different venues. You should do this as early as possible, because many of the best venues fill up quickly once the holiday season hits, and even long before that. But you’ll find there is no shortage! Look at event spaces and banquet halls in Lowell, IN, as well as other nontraditional spaces that could host your gathering.
- Send invitations out at least three weeks before the party: The earlier you send the invitations, the better, because this allows guests to RSVP—and it helps you get to them before they get other New Year’s Eve invites. Make sure to include the venue location, dress code/costume requirements and anything else they might need to know on the invitation. Include your contact information as well so they can ask any questions they might have if they arise.
- Commit to the theme: Go all out with the theme with your invitations, decorations and anything else that can help make your party unique. Pinterest is an excellent source of ideas for this, but if you’re working with a party planning company or an event venue, they might also have some ideas, and maybe even some specific decorations you might be able to use.
- Plan activities: Music and dancing are two must-have activities, in addition to the drinks and food you’ll have. But there are other types of activities that can add to the fun, including games, guestbooks, resolution walls or books and more.
For more tips about planning your New Year’s party, contact Signature Banquets or visit our banquet hall in Lowell, IN today.
We’ve officially arrived at the winter holiday season, which means it’s also one of the busiest times of the year for parties and holiday-themed festivities! Whether you’re planning a party for your friends or your company, or preparing a December wedding or other big event, the day is drawing closer and we’re looking forward to hosting you at our reception hall in Lowell, IN.
If you have such an event coming up, you might be getting a little bit anxious about the preparation. Fortunately, when you work with our team at Signature Banquets, we strive to keep you at ease as much as possible so you can enjoy your wedding, party or event and not have to get bogged down in the planning and the little details. Our goal is to help you have a fun, relaxing holiday season that you’ll fondly remember for years to come.
Handling weddings during the holidays
If it’s a wedding you’re preparing for, you might be particularly stressed. But never fear! There are plenty of ways you can cut down on the amount of work you have to do and make everything go as smoothly as possible.
Here are just a few things you can do to make sure you’re able to enjoy both the holidays and your wedding without feeling like you’re stretching yourself too thin:
- Delegate as much as possible: It’s really helpful to have some trusted family and friends who can take on some tasks associated with your wedding planning and with your holiday plans so you don’t feel overwhelmed and that you have to do everything yourself. Chances are, you’ll find all you have to do is ask people to help you with your wedding and they’ll be more than happy to lend a helping hand. This is especially true of friends and family who have had their own weddings—they know just how much the generosity of friends and family helps to bring the whole day together, and are going to be more than willing to chip in to help you out.
- Combine your holiday and wedding planning: Are there any ways you can intertwine the holidays with your wedding? You might want your wedding to have the look and feel of the holiday season, so feel free to reuse holiday decorations, or to use your wedding décor during the holidays. This will prevent you from having to get a whole bunch of extra supplies and doing a lot of extra work to make different sets of centerpieces, floral arrangements and more.
- Stay organized: Keep separate lists of ideas and inspirations as well as to-do lists so you know exactly what needs to be done, when it needs to be done and who needs to be the one to do it. Try to work specific times into your day or your week that you can devote specifically to planning and organization.
For more tips about throwing a big event or party during the holidays, contact our reception hall in Lowell, IN!
While an outdoor wedding ceremony on a perfectly sunny day can be beautiful and a bride’s dream, an indoor ceremony should not be ruled out. An indoor ceremony definitely has its advantages beyond protection against inclement weather. Below, a premier event venue in Lowell, IN will explore everything you need to know about an indoor ceremony.
An inside wedding ceremony definitely has its advantages. While some use an inside ceremony as a contingency plan for poor weather, there are many couples who prefer to make an indoor wedding ceremony their first choice. They are making the comfort of their guests and control of the look of their ceremony a priority.
Even in the best of weather, outdoor events always invite the unexpected. Wind blows off hats and messes up carefully arranged decorations. Unwanted critters and insects join the ceremony, making guests uncomfortable. The sun makes the guests too warm as they wait for the bride to make her appearance, or cloud cover and cool breezes chill guests to the bone as they struggle to hear the vows through a portable speaker system.
During an indoor ceremony, the event planner has much more control over the look, feel and sound of the whole event. A well-equipped sound system projects the couple’s vows and the officiant’s sage words at just the right volume. Decorations stay fastened in place, and the guests remain comfortable. While the unexpected may still happen during an indoor ceremony, it typically won’t come from Mother Nature!
Creating the Look
An indoor ceremony is all about creating whatever look you desire. Your imagination can run wild. An elegant wedding filled with white flowers and red roses may be your cup of tea. Perhaps your crew would prefer a Star Wars theme wedding with Admiral Ackbar officiating against a backdrop depicting the Death Star. The sky (or your imagination) is the only limit with an indoor ceremony.
What Kind of Venue is Right for Me?
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when selecting an event venue in Lowell, IN for your indoor ceremony. When searching for an event venue, you are looking for a blank canvas on which you can project your desired look. An open-space floor plan is a must. You do not want posts, pillars or any other visual obstructions to block your guests’ view of the ceremony. You are also looking for a venue that has versatile lighting. Can the lighting be adjusted to different settings to achieve the look that you are going for?
Sound is another major consideration. How are the acoustics? Does the venue have a high quality sound system, or will you need to rent one separately? Check out the restrooms. Are they clean and large enough to accommodate your party? Finally, examine the parking situation. Is there going to be ample parking for all of your guests?
Choosing an Event Venue in Lowell, IN
If you are considering an indoor ceremony, we hope you’ll consider Signature Banquets for your event venue in Lowell, IN. Our staff has over 30 years of experience in the industry to provide you with the expertise to handle your special day. Give us a call today to begin planning your indoor ceremony.