While summer weddings are popular with some brides and grooms, many couples seek that magical wedding during the cooler months between October and March. Cold weather weddings can make for a beautiful, cozy and romantic setting. With some careful considerations, you can plan an absolutely amazing experience for you, your beloved and your guests, no matter how cold the temperatures fall outside. Your wedding venue in Lowell, IN offers this quick guide for your successful cold weather dream wedding.
Something to consider for you and your guests is to select a single venue for both the wedding and the reception. Not only will this cut down on transportation time, but it will also keep you and your guests from having to go outside during the cold, unpredictable weather. Another consideration should be to keep both the ceremony and the reception indoors. This way, Mother Nature cannot wreak havoc on your wedding plans. A beautifully appointed banquet hall can serve as a perfect venue for both your wedding vows and the elegant reception to follow.
The Right Look
When shopping for a cold weather wedding, there are some things to keep in mind. If you do plan to hold your ceremony outdoors or are traveling outdoors between the ceremony and reception, you will want you and your party to be comfortably warm and stylish.
Consider long dresses for the bride and bridesmaids. Perhaps even long sleeves would be appropriate. These dresses can look exceptionally elegant and will keep everyone warm. A handy tip from wedding experts is to sneak a pair of warm leggings beneath a long dress. No one will notice!
The gentlemen, meanwhile, can wear wool suits that will keep them warm while looking incredibly handsome. Perhaps formal coats can be purchased or rented for outdoor photos and to don when making the grand exit. Stylish scarves and wraps can be added to complete the ensemble. Your wedding party can look positively glamorous in cold weather.
Comfort for Your Guests
Keeping your guests warm should be a high priority. As your guests arrive inside from the cold, there are several simple things you can offer to make them smile. Have warm drinks available upon their arrival. Mugs of hot apple cider or hot chocolate will be very welcome after coming in from the cold. A coat check is a classy way to keep your tables and chairs looking gorgeous and uncluttered.
Once your guests have shed their coats and have a warm beverage in hand, they will be delighted to be presented with warm snacks. Perhaps you could have a s’mores station. There could be tomato soup shooters or mini grilled cheese sandwiches. And as a table gift, each guest may find a small bottle of hand moisturizer to combat the dry skin that’s so common in winter.
Choosing the Right Wedding Venue in Lowell, IN
If you are considering a cold weather wedding, look no further than Signature Banquets. We are among the premier wedding venues in Lowell, IN. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, we have the expertise to handle your big event. Give us a call today to see how we can make your cold weather wedding day truly memorable!
Some couples will hire a wedding planner, while others opt to take on the job themselves. Before you decide what you want to do, you should know what people are saying about the benefits of having a wedding planner. Some will tell you it is worth every penny. So, if you’re engaged and ready to get hitched, then the following information is for you! Below are some of the top reasons to hire a professional wedding planner in Lowell, IN.
According to statistics, the average wedding today takes about 250 hours to plan. That’s a lot of time! Time is a crucial factor in wedding planning, which is why hiring a professional could be right for you. A planner will do all the researching and planning for you, help manage your budget, find venues and find vendors. They’ll contact vendors and negotiate fees for you, and when you’ve made decisions, they’ll do the hiring and scheduling. Need someone to get the rehearsal dinner together? A planner does that, too! On top of all this, most wedding planners are also creative designers. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Get expert advice: Your family members and friends have good intensions—they truly do—but all their opinions can cause stress and confusion, and you don’t need your judgment clouded. Wedding planners are dedicated to learning as much about you as possible, including your style, the vision you have for your wedding and who in your family drives you crazy. They come with expert advice to help in all decision-making processes.
- Save time and stay on schedule: A wedding planner saves couples a lot of time. You can go about your life and only need to contribute with answers to questions when called upon to do so. A planner also keeps you on schedule. They keep you in the loop regarding approaching deadlines and send you reminders when you have decisions to make.
- Avoid going over budget: Like everything else in life that requires money, wedding costs can quickly get out of hand. A wedding planner knows your budget and will steer you in the right direction from start to finish. And they know your money limits for each category, like vendors, food, decorations and the venue.
- Peace of mind: The average wedding in the United States takes six months to two years to plan. It can be hard to stay in a calm state of mind during this time! For your peace of mind, know that a wedding planner has everything under control, which allows you to not overthink things or take on more planning duties than you have time for. A planner helps to assuage your worries, and the best ones manage all wedding communications, including with other wedding venders. And if you need someone to intercept stress-inducing relatives, that can be arranged!
If you like what you’ve read and think a wedding planner in Lowell, IN is what you need, let us know! The team at Signature Banquets is dedicated to making your big day a wonderful experience. Call us today to arrange a consultation!
There’s a lot you need to do as a couple as you prepare for your wedding. Finding the perfect wedding venue is one thing every engaged couple has on their wedding to-do list. However, it’s important to keep in mind that there’s more to a venue than just aesthetics. Naturally, you’re super excited about your upcoming special event, but don’t rush into signing any contracts until you are well informed of all the details.
Below is a list of good questions to ask wedding venues in Lowell, IN before you book. Grab a pen and paper and get ready to jot down some notes!
Prices and available dates
First things first, you need to ask yourself if the date you want for your wedding is flexible or not. Knowing this going into a venue tour and consultation can save time and stress. You can also visit wedding venues before choosing a date, which is a good idea if you have a specific venue in mind. If this is the case, you’re more likely to get more date options:
- Is the date available? It might not be. Is there a wait list? What surrounding dates are open? Venues often have different rates for different seasons, days of the week and times of day. Also, find out how far in advance you can reserve a date.
- How many hours are you paying for? How early can the setup crew, food, drinks and wedding party arrive, and how long after the wedding celebration can people stay?
- How many events does the venue host in one day? Some larger event venues host several different events on their property at the same time. This could mean hearing or even seeing other celebrations nearby or having to clear out quickly so another wedding can start.
Whether you’re on a strict budget or not, find out all the payment details. Doing so gives you the opportunity to assess the costs and ensure it will work for you:
- First, how much is the deposit? When do you pay the rest? Many venues require a deposit upon signing and confirming a date, and then you’ll pay in installments from the day you sign until your wedding date. What is their cancellation policy, and what happens if you need to make changes to your reservation?
- Is everything included in the total—service charges, cleaning fees, gratuity, etc.? Ask the planner to walk you through this.
There are many good questions to ask about venue specifics before signing a contract. For this reason, you should have a general idea of the number of guests and any equipment you’d like:
- What’s the venue’s capacity? Be sure there’s plenty of room for your wedding party, guests, vendors and extras, like a dance floor, bar setup, photo booth and entertainment equipment.
- Does the venue offer amenities like wedding planners, a decorating team, food, bands and a sound system? If not, you’ll have to hire or rent your own.
We hope you add Signature Banquets to your list of possible wedding venues in Lowell, IN. Call us today for a free consultation and tour!