Every wedding is different, but there are certain iconic staples of this special event that anyone can identify. Aside from important aspects of a wedding celebration, like the first dance and speeches from members of the wedding party, one of the most memorable aspects of your wedding is the food you serve—especially the wedding cake. Although a traditional tiered cake is a classic choice, many people are choosing to swap out their dessert option in favor of unconventional fare to really leave an impression on their guests. If you’re in the process of planning your big day with an event planner in Lowell, IN, consider a few of the most unique wedding cake alternatives:
- Tiered dessert arrangements: Just because you don’t have cake at your wedding doesn’t mean you can’t have an aesthetically striking tiered arrangement. Instead of a tiered cake, try a tiered arrangement of doughnuts, cookies or other small desserts. Single-serving desserts can be plated and served much easier than a cake can, which means you and your guests can focus on enjoying the party.
- Cupcake towers: For a dessert option that still allows you to enjoy the delicious tastes and textures of a wedding cake, opt for some cupcakes. You can choose between full size cupcakes or mini cupcakes and add unique garnishes to really make your desserts stand out. You can even add an edible version of your wedding monogram for a personalized touch.
- Breakfast for dessert: Whether you have a morning wedding or you simply love breakfast fare, you can incorporate some sweet breakfast dishes into your big day. Add a pancake or waffle bar with fresh berries, syrups, chocolate chips and other favorite toppings so that your guests can customize their dessert.
- Seasonal desserts: You put a lot of thought into the time of year when your wedding will take place, so why not serve a seasonally appropriate dessert? For summer weddings, incorporate fresh berries and peaches into your dessert options. In the fall and winter, pumpkin pies are a classic, crowd-pleasing option.
- Buffet-style dessert: Desserts are delicious—so why should you choose just one? Put it all out there with a dessert buffet full of various cakes, pies, truffles, cookies, candies and other sweet favorites. You can even incorporate a s’mores bar for something extra special.
At Signature Banquets, we want your personal style and preferences to shine through on your big day, which is why we can work with you to create a dreamy food and dessert menu that your guests will rave about for years to come. We have a range of delicious breakfast, dinner, appetizer, drink and dessert options for you to choose from for your special event. We are proud to be a family owned and operated business with decades of experience turning our clients’ dream event into a reality. Whether you have classic tastes or you want to serve something truly one-of-a-kind to your guests, we can help you. Give us a call to learn more and to get assistance from a professional event planner in Lowell, IN.
The music you have at your wedding reception is one of the most important aspects of the event. After all, it’s supposed to be a party, right? Unfortunately, the dance floor at lots of wedding receptions is left vacant for the duration of the event because of boring music. Although having a friend set up a playlist on their phone for the event might seem like a good way to cut costs, you might end up playing music that doesn’t encourage anyone to get out on the dance floor. Having a live band or DJ at your wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN is a great way to get your guests moving and keep them entertained. So, which one should you choose? There are quite a few factors to consider:
- Variety: When it comes to the variety of music being played, a DJ has the upper hand over a live band. Since they will be able to play the best music from a variety of bands and musicians, not to mention music from a wide range of time periods, there will be a much better variety of music. Even if a live band has a huge repertoire of songs, the playing style and vocals will stay pretty much the same, which can get boring after a while.
- Guest engagement: You’re throwing a party that you want your guests to enjoy, so it’s important to hire musical entertainment that’s going to encourage your guests to dance and have fun. Both DJs and live bands can offer this kind of guest engagement, but they may also fall flat depending on their personality and performance style. It’s best to avoid hiring musical entertainment sight unseen. Only hire a band after seeing them perform live, and only hire a DJ after seeing a live performance or a recorded performance online. This will give you a much better idea about how they interact with guests and whether they will keep people entertained and engaged.
- Applicable venue regulations: Some venues have rules about noise levels that you should be aware of if you’re planning on hiring a live band. Since DJs can easily control music volume with the touch of a button, they tend to be better suited for venues that have noise level restrictions. Find out about the specific rules that apply at your wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN.
- Cost: Weddings are notoriously expensive, and the exorbitant rates that some live bands charge can drive up the cost even more. Bands are almost always more expensive than DJs. Hiring a band may run you upwards of $2,000, while a DJ will likely only set you back a few hundred dollars.
Regardless of who you choose for your wedding entertainment, you can give your guests a night to remember when you host your wedding at Signature Banquets. We are a family owned business with over 30 years of experience. We offer a range of wedding services, including full-service catering, at our elegant, 9,000 square foot wedding reception hall in Lowell, IN. We are here to ensure that your big day is everything you dreamed it would be with help from our in-house wedding planners and experienced event consultants. To find out more or to schedule a tour of our venue, call us today.